On-Page Optimization This is the most important part of this training. This is also the most important part in the SEO present industry. If you do not follow on-page rules or guide lines then your result will not be the same you expected. In the past it was an era of Off-Page Optimization but now Google wants to do this processes more organized and thats why On-Page is very important factor. You have to keep an eye on every page of your site whether On-Page is properly done or not.
Google already taken some steps against some popular websites and the major problem with that website was their On-Page condition was not good. some of them trying to fix their on page condition and they are doing it by hiring freelancers from them market place or so. In the past, if you enter into a market place and search for â€œseoâ€? works and found that 100 jobs are available then 80% of them was Off-Page or link building jobs. On-Page jobs were rare in the marketplace. But now you can find both On-Page and Off-Page job in the marketplace. funny fact is, now client will ask you about On-Page knowledge when you are going to work for Off-Page Optimization, that means if you are Off-Page expert you have to have good idea about On-Page guidelines.
What is On-Page Optimization? Own Website
Basically On-Page optimization means to do something into your website or page of your website by keeping in mind about reader friendly matters and the rules and guidelines of Google already provided. What We See When Search in Google?
1. Title, Permalink, Meta Description Gives a proper idea for visitors. 2. If you search using a keyword and you see that there is only page URL available in the result then can you guess anything about that page url like what that url is about? 3. If this happens for title and description individually then what you think? 4. If you forgot about writing meta description then Google will automatically detect first 160 characters.
Meta Description Tag
Keyword Placement Using Pipes Readability & Duplicate SimpleTitle Tag Make it Relevant Stop Keyword Stuffing
Length: Title tags should be a maximum of 70 characters long, including spaces. Less is even better. If your title is longer than 70 characters then it will show you (â€Ś.) rather than the characters.
â€˘ Keyword Placement: Put your important keywords first and least important words at last. ERP Software | Complete Enterprise Solutions | eGonona Online business perspective, Your business first or your keyword first?
1. Keywords related to your business, related to your services, related to your products you are selling or marketing what ever with it must comes first and then your business come last. But once your business name get popular, established or gets known to every body bring that brand to the first place. example: apple.com, amazon.com. 2. Put your company name at last in the title. when your company gets famous you can put it into first place.
3. The best practice is that if you select any keyword that visitor will use that keyword and visit your site then use that keyword first. 4. The choice is yours, website is yours and if you want to use your business name then you can do that and if you do that then you are avoiding the best practice.
Using Pipes: Use pipes | to separate important (keyword) phrases (no commas, underscores, dashes or any other punctuation. 1. Do not use underscore, it is used in algorithm and thats why google sometimes get confused if you use it. 2. Why do you use pipe? Because it is more user friendly than others. Now you decide which one looks good and user friendly. 3. If your website is in your name then use your name as the first keyword. Because you are branding is your name, you want people to search using your name.
4. Why using main keyword at first? Because it helps to increase priority for your website under that keyword and Google loves it.
Readability & Simplicity: 1. Keep your important phrases short and simple. Leave out words that would make it read like a sentence. (e.g., and, if, but, then, etc.)
2. You can use words like and, if, but, for, then and others to make the title meaningful. I suggest you must use meaningful words if it is necessary. Example: If you use â€œAirlines office in sydneyâ€?. What you say?
DONâ€™T DUPLICATE Title Tags: They must be written differently for every page. Don't mass replicate your title tags.
1. Do not copy-paste your competitorâ€™s website title into your website. 2. Try to make it unique and different than your competitors website. 3. Try to use Long Tail Keyword, change the placing of your keywords. 4. If you do copy your competitors site Title then it will consider as title copy paste and you may not be in the ranking position.
Make It Relevant: 1. Title tags must be written to be descriptive of the content on the page. (e.g., the About Page would be: About Us | Important Keywords | Company Name or Important Keywords | About Us | Company Name. 2. If your site name is RusselHost.com then your about us page title should have to be “About Russel Host”. 3. If Barack Obama’s personal site name is barackobam.com then what will be his about us page (_____) “About Barack Obama”. What it means that google wants us to specify as much as we can. If it is about the contact us page then it should be “Contact Barack Obama”. 4. Which one is more professional to you? firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ??? Question: Why such kind of practice? = If you use About Barack Obama instead of About Us or Contact Barack Obama then reader can easily understand what this page is about and what kind of information is provided into that page.
Stop Keyword Stuffing Say your site is trying to rank for Blue Bells and Yellow Bells. Many times you will see the main keyword repeated multiple times across the title tag. It might appear like this: Blue Bells, Yellow Bells, All Types of Bells | Bells Bells and More | Doors.com = Keyword stuffing is strictly prohibited. You can use LSI if you need to. You can always use some LSI keywords along with your main keywords. Keyword Stuffing practices is called BlackHat practices. Its very harmful any website. ••• If you are selling blue bells, black bells, yellow bells then you can create separate or individual pages for each of them and use keywords on their name.
This is bad title tag writing. You don't need to repeatedly write the keyword. Google especially can pick up the keywords like your eyes can read them, so you would best to rewrite this as: Blue & Yellow Bells | Doorbells | Doors.com
Title tags remain one of the most influential ranking signals we can control. Here are the basic best practices for title tags: Under 512 pixels in width, generally 55 to 60 characters Place keywords as close to the beginning as possible; the closer a word to the start of the tag, the more influence it exerts Make title tags readable If you include a brand in the title tags, place it at the end unless it is a well-known brand people seek out Make each title unique Avoid stuffing keywords Another recommendation, for Site Links, is that the title should form a complete message before Google cuts it off with an ellipsis mark. Title tags that communicate a clear, coherent thought earn a higher click-through rate Example - adage.com in google or http://www.nytimes.com/
By default blogger displays, blog title before post title in search engines and it is not good for better SEO. So change to display Post title before blog title Bad Example of Post Title:
http://allhotnewz.blogspot.com/2011/11/most-popular-girl-games-dressup-and.html http://seoaddakhana.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-post.html Good Example of Post Title: http://getseoanswer.blogspot.com/2012/08/seo-content-writing-tipsafter-google.html.html
• Follow the steps to place post title before blog title. • Sign in to blogger. • Go to template> edit html> proceed. • Now find this html code. <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> And replace it with this. <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> <title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title> <b:else/> <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> </b:if>
Now click on Save template. Google will take some time to crawl your page however you can notice the changes in your browser tab. See the example.
Search Google for any keyword and 99% of the time you will see that the top ranking pages all include the word in the title tag.
Add creative words around your main keywords 1. There is a little more too it than placing your keyword in your title. If you notice from the example above, there are also other words contained in the title. 2. Search results are becoming more sophisticated and are generated more to user experience 3. It‟s important to include other words to create emotion and click ability, Google wants to show interesting results.
4. Looking at the example again above, notice how they all spark interest and curiosity!! the words they use include, „awesome‟ „best‟ outstanding‟ They are giving the reader a reason to click!!
Length between 50-60 characters Google usually shows only the first 50-60 characters, anything after this will be cut off, so take this into consideration when writing your title tags. Try to get your point across within the limitations. Main keywords should be close to the beginning. According to a test carried out by Moz http://moz.com/search-rankingfactors placing your keyword near the start of your Title tag has greater ranking implications! Although probably only minimal, it is worth following this practice
Uniqueness, keep it real Google likes unique content, dames goes for title tags. Donâ€&#x;t copy somebody elses title word for word. If you do you are far less likely to outrank the site you have copied. Be creative and use unique title that explains exactly what your page is about Donâ€™t keyword stuff Only use your keywords once in the title, over using your keyword can result in an over optimization penalty
Meta Description Tag Settings > Search Preferences > Enable Search Descriptions (Yes). It will take some time. 1.Write fresh and unique description and please do not dare to copy paste from other sites but you are always open to take ideas.
2. Search Engines do not take/count Meta Description Tag for ranking now a days. 3. Meta Description is used to describe a page, so try to write unique description for every page. 4. No character limit for writing Meta Description . You can also add some of your keywords but make it to a reasonable length.
5. Better to keep it to 150 characters long. Visitors decide to visit a page seeing Meta Description 6. Try to use your keyword at starting when writing meta description. Its not about only using keywords but it should have to be meaningful and reader friendly. Only use your site main keywords in short way. Example: If your site main keyword is “Hot Gossip” then your meta description could be “Hot Gossip is a blog that gets regularly update with all the latest news and informations.” Code Sample <head> <meta name="description" content="This is an example of a meta description. This will often show up in search results."> </head> Optimal Length for Search Engines - Roughly 155 Characters
Be Descriptive: 1. Meta description should introduce the user to what the page is about 2. Create a bridge between the article and description. Make sure that your meta description gets idea about the article Be Persuasive: 1. Great meta descriptions involve a touch of the persuasive. Make visitors understand that this is the page he/she wants to visit. Do not use call to action based words like buy/spend like this. 2. If your page or site is about products then use your important keywords and shortly describe your product or promotions. example: 65% discount
Inspire Curiosity: 1. By the time a user finishes reading your description, they should be curious about what the page will say about the topic 2. Do not ruin the curiosity explaining too much. example: upto, condition apply Use The Right Words: 1. The keywords may not matter for search engines, but they do matter for users. 2. These words should be associated with his or her query. Make Them The Correct Length: If you write a meta description that is too long, Google will truncate it.
Google announced in September of 2007 that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google's ranking algorithms for web search. The keywords and phrases you use in your Meta description tag may not affect your page's ranking in the search engines, but this tag can still come in handy in your overall SEO and social media marketing campaigns. Meta Tag Checker
http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ http://www.bloggersentral.com/p/web-tools.html#metatag
Meta Keywords Tag 1. The meta keyword tag has become the least important tag for the search engines and especially Google. 2. It is an easy way to reinforce once again your most important keywords 3. The keyword tags should contain between 4 and 10 keywords 4. They should be listed with commas and should correspond to the major search phrases you are targeting 5. Every word in this tag should appear somewhere in the body, or you might get penalized for irrelevance
6. No single word should appear more than once, or it may be considered spam. 7. Use small letters Example: If your site is about sports then your meta keyword could be Football, Cricket, Rugby, Long Tennis etc. because these keywords are related to sports.
Meta Keyword Tag Sample if your news article was on the subject of a sporting event such as the FIFA World Cup then you might not feel it necessary to mention the word “Football” in the title or very often with in the body of the piece itself. However using the new Meta news keyword tag to include the word “Football” will allow Google to still establish its relevance to any searches around this phrase.
<meta name=”news_keywords” content=”World Cup, FIFA, Football, Soccer”>
<h1>Heading Tags</h1> 1. Optimize Keywords in Heading Tags 2. â€&#x;h' means heading . A very important factor affecting on-site SEO is the use of heading tags. Heading tags range from H1 to H6 in decreasing order of size and importance given by robots. 3. h1>h2>h3 4. With a good number of H1, H2 and H3 tags, you can attract robots and get good response from them. 5. Search engines first focus on h1 and then h2. h1 is most commonly used for blog title and h2 for blog description, post title and some others 6. Many bloggers use h3 tag in their post title instead of h2 because most of the bloggers who use h3 post title really don't know the importance of h2 post title or they may not know how to change h3 post title to h2 post title 7. Blogger default templetes uses H3 tags instead of H1 tags. You need to change H3 to H1.
How to Change Post Title from H3 to H1 1. Go to Blogger > Template > Edit Html OR(for old blogger dashboard)Blogger > Design > Edit Html 2. Look for .post h3 and replace every entry to .post h1 3. Look for <data:post.title/> You should be able to find this one enclosed in a h3 tag like <h3><data:post.title/></h3> or like <h3 class="posttitle"><data:post.title/></h3>
4. This depends if you are using a third party edited template. But after a little searching you can find the given code. Now replace the h3 used in the tag to h1. 5. Save your template and check it out! 6. Remember, these small SEO tips finally add up to improve your site performance.
â€˘â€˘â€˘ We get visitors from search engines. But when??? When a website or some pages of that website ranks in the search engine for keywords then we get visitors. There are some categories in the search engine like web, image, news, maps, shopping, books etc. and we get visitors from each one of them not only from the web. That means you can get visitor for image search. If you publish an article with some images and optimize that images according to guidelines then its possible to rank and get visitors. If you search with your name in the search engine then how many of you are ranking in the search result with images and videos? You have to try to occupy as much as possible in the search result. It should be with your accounts, images and videos. Benefits: If someone search with your name and gets your informations then it increases his/her trust and credibility. He/she thinks that you are not only active in one or two channels, you are maintaining many channels which is precious. He thinks that you are reputed person and you are the person he can deal with.
Image Optimization = Very important For On-Page Optimization specially for article optimization. Why use images? = As long as you are providing beside your content and image should have to be content related and it makes the content more standard, rich and engaging. Sometimes you can understand the whole idea about the content by seeing images. If the image is properly optimized then it will rank in the search engine which will increase your visitor. http://sam.azgor.com/10-skype-tips-and-tricks http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/install-windows-8-usb.htm http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Windows-8
Image ALT tag Why we need to use ALT tag for image optimization? 1. Search engine only understand “TEXT”, not image. Because they can‟t read anything without text. So, when you are adding some text into an image it gets clear to Google technology about the image. 2. You have to use keywords into image alt tag so that when someone search that keyword your image will show up if that image ranks.
3. Your image have to be unique. Do not just copy and use others images from google search. Now question is, How to make an image Unique? You just need to modify that image adding small changes like your name, watermark, arrow mark and more. 4. Use main keyword for your image in both alt tags and title tags but do not make them same. 5. Do not write full sentences. For example: If you are writing an article about blog traffic, Do not write like this "5 tips to drive traffic in blogger blog" write like this "blog traffic tips", "Drive traffic”. 6. Do not use more than 4 words for image alt tag.
The alt tag is part of the image HTML tag. Here is an example <img alt=”filing cabinet in row” src=”http://madlemmings.com/wpcontent/uploads/2013/07/filing-cabinets-row.jpg” >
7. Put keywords more towards the beginning 8. Try to write a relevant description which is also related to the page (if possible) 9. Always use the alt attribute for images you want indexed in search engines (ie. images used in your sites background/construction etc can be ignored) The following is an Alt tag checker for checking your webpages to ensure you have them. http://www.feedthebot.com/tools/alt/
Image Filename As strange as it might seem, the filename plays a role in Image SEO. So please PAY ATTENTION to the following filename pointers! 1. Donâ€™t use just one word (or words together) to name your image files. Example: apple. You will not rank for this keyword. 2. Name/Describe the image well. Use meaningful 3-4 words maximum. example: search engine optimization or optimization search engine 3. Uses dashes/hyphens not underscores or pluses, to separate the words in the filename 4. Google sees dashes as word separators, and underscores as joiners so to Google:
Mad-Lemmings = Mad Lemmings Mad_Lemmings = MadLemmings
5. Do not use any number before or after the image file name. Because people are going to search with keyword and they are not going to type any numbers after the keyword. Always try to rename your image file using your keyword.
File Name: e.g. white-cat.jpg ………It makes sense to use more than one term in the filename (e.g. “white-cat-on-green-chair.jpg”). This gives it the chance to rank with “white cat” or “green chair” or “cat on chair” or “green cat” and so on…
Image Format and Size Which image format is the best? GIF/PNG/Jpg. What happens when you convert an image from jpg to png?? What Google wants you to use? jpg. png file is larger than jpg Image File Size 1. An imageâ€&#x;s file size can vary greatly and it is the biggest determining factor in how fast an image will load to a webpage. Example: One website contains 2MB of image and another is 100KB. Which website is going to load faster? Its a ranking factor that how much time your website takes to load. If it takes too much time then that is not a good page. Even that page is in the No#1 position then it will be down in the next few days. What if the website is about wallpaper? 2. High-tech cameras take extremely detailed pictures, resulting in huge file sizes, some are even several megabytes. Ideally though, an image thatâ€&#x;s uploaded to your webpage will be under: 100-120kb for a large image 50-70kb for a medium image 30-40kb for a small image 3. It is not confirmed that images will rank in the search engine but you have to follow the guidelines. If you do then it is possible to rank in google.
THE TITLE Whats is the difference between title and alt tag = Image Title text have to be different from the alt text, Different from the image keywords. may be using one or two words similar but not the same.
Title length could be 3-5 words, do not use long title. Its not a ranking factor, all that matter is the keyword that you put in the alt tag. This is an other attribute of the Image HTML tag that you can use to provide image information. Most browsers use this instead of the Alt text to display to the user when you put your mouse over an image. According to many gurus like SEO Moz, it has no SEO impact.
However, for your userâ€™s sake it is best to have both the alt and title attributes http://banglarit.blogspot.com/2013/06/bangla-google-link-disavow-tool.html
TIPS you are uploading an image about "10 tips to increase traffic in blogger", so your title tag should be "tips to increase blogger traffic" and your alt tag should be "blogger traffic tips" "increase blogger traffic" "traffic tips for blogger" or something else.. Here your main keyword is "traffic" or "blogger traffic" and you are using it in both, alt tag and title tag. Preferred image formatting â€“ jpg Limited number of images per page originality (picture looks different than most of other results)
How to add alt text and title text in blogger Blogger image properties lets you easily create alt tag and title tag for image. Now you can add alt tag and title tag without using HTML codes. Here is how to add these tags in your images for better SEO. Sign in to blogger.com. Create a new post and upload an image. Click on uploaded image, you will find properties link, click on it. Type your image title in title text. Type your image tag/keyword in alt text. Click OK and you are done tagging your image!
URL Structure How URL Structure/Permalink should be? = Short URL structure is preferred by search engines. It is always suggested to keep your URL structure or permalink shorter. = Blogger URL structure is not Good. = Put your main keyword into URL/Permalink and try to start with your keyword. http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2014/11/google-mobile-friendly-site-testing-tool.html http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2014/11/send-money-with-snapchat.html http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2014/08/10-seo-sins.html = If your article title is “benefits of eating apple” then what will be the best URL or permalink structure? Do not use any stop word but use if necessary. = For wordpress Login to your dashboard > click on settings > permalink > select “post name”. Done.
What is internal linking? Why? Benefits of Internal Linking = Visitors stay in your site. = Internal linking is very good practice from the on-page SEO perspective if you do this effectively. Very first benefit is, visitors will remain in your website. example: If your website is www.fruits.com and you have some articles about Apple. You can link one apple article to another. Visitor who is reading an article into your website, if he/she find another article related to apple he/she might be interested to read that article as well. you can not practice internal linking into your all of the article. if you think that the first article is about something and the second article is also similar(story can be different but same topics) then you can do that. if you think that your second article is better for your visitor then you must add that article.
Bad Practice: Article 1 + (2) > Article 2 + (3) > Article 3 + (4) > Article 4 + (5) > Article 5 + (1) = If you add your second article into your first article then your second article gets a backlink from the first article.
= Recent back linking best practice is that â€œtry to keep the control of your backlinks within yourself.â€? = Internal linking must be using related articles. Your website may have 4-5 articles in same topics but different story. You can add them using anchor text for better internal linking. It increase page views.
Bounce Rate: Idea about link juice. Why and how. Question: How much is good bounce rate? = below 50%. A website that has 50% or less bounce rate means that visitor visit that website and spend some quality time. Question: What is quality time? = If your article is about 100 words then it will take less than 30 seconds for the visitors to read. Is it a quality time? so, try to publish informative content with some extra value. Write something unique that your visitor is going to love and share with their friends by themselves.
Published on Jan 14, 2017