D.M. ARVIND MALLIK Mobile: 09886300070 ~ E-Mail:email@example.com
Assignments in the field of: Sales & Marketing
A dynamic professional with 6 years of valuable experience in the field of Sales & Marketing, Operations, People Management. Excellent interpersonal, communications, Writer, avid blogger, and presentation skills. Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning. Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies. Outstanding ability to develop and cultivate strategic alliances. Exceptionally organized and hard working. Can be trusted to take management initiatives from start to finish. Planning Overall company strategy, Operational Plan with strong Business analytical and People Management Skills for generating business Key Exposure Area : Leadership & Strategic Management, Operations Management - All Functional Management & integration of functions, HRM & Development- Structure & culture, Programmatic Effectiveness (Change, Technology)
Board Membership Advisory Board Member- Marketwings Pvt Ltd. Tumkur Advisory Board Member- Trivarana Technologies Pvt Ltd.Tumkur Membership of Professional Bodies Member- Management Teachers Consortium, Global (MTC Global).India Editorial Board Member- Blue Ocean Research Journals. India Editorial Assistant- Octa Environmental Journal Research. India Reviewer - Indian Journal of Commerce & Management Studies (IJCMS).India Associate Editor and Reviewer- International Journal of Research Excellence in Management and Social Research Insights July’11-Till Now
Employment Brief PESITM
Key Deliverables 1. Faculty in Marketing field handling several subjects under Marketing field.
2. Trainer for all placement requirements includes communication skills, Art of speaking, corporate skills, Ethics and etiquettes in work place, Interviewing skills, Presentation skills etc an end to end training for MBA students 4. Faculty in charge for extracurricular and co-curricular activities. 5. In-charge—Industrial Visits, NSS, inter collegiate Management and cultural Fest. 7. In-charge--. Placement coordinator and Guest lecturers 8. Be Innovator, Be Motivator, Be educator and an opportunity to learn from others while learning new things Highlights
1. 2. 3. 4.
Successfully incorporated New Educational Tools used to teach Management Concepts( 3D ppt,Animation,Social Media) Average of 96.2% aggregate in examination results since 2011( MIS+BM+SM+CKM+IT) Successfully applied Business Simulation concept to subjects being taught
Key Projects Undertaken 1. Title: Creating Brand Identity on Digital Platform Client: Co-operative Gardens, United Kingdom Duration: 1 ½ months (March-April’12) Description: Handled International project where our basic objective was to create and build a brand identity to enhance the visibility on digital platform April’10 – Dec’10 Officer
2. Title: Creating New Brand Identity Client: Startup NGO @ Bangalore Duration: 1 month (April’12) Description: held Responsible for creating new Brand Identity (tagline and logo for an unnamed NGO @ Bangalore), Created and presented collaborative logos to the client LeadGen Technologies Chief Operating
Strategic Oversight •Formulate the vision, strategy & Supports and advises the CEO in decision making Process •Provide and develop short, medium and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity •Set the direction, and ensure effective strategy implementation for achievement of profitability targets. Sales & Marketing Management • Develops and implements Firm marketing plans, sales and pricing strategies.
• Provides direction and oversight of vendors ,service providers and participates in business development activities
• Forecasting projected business researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities, • Analyze customer needs and enhance operations team ability to consistently provide counseling to customers
Financial Planning & Management • Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals. • Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals
Human Resources Planning & Management • Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior management • Responsible for directing the recruitment, hiring, and compensation of staff and Selects new benefit providers • Manages professional training and development, including new employee orientation • Provides regulatory oversight and legal compliance recommendations including maintenance
Operations and Administration •Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives •Responsible for risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements including •Provide organizational reporting and monitoring including guidance and leadership in developing metrics •Oversees and approves office management and ensures efficiency of physical offices and office equipment
Key Highlights 1. Successfully lead the creation of an entirely new market segment which grew from 5 to over 70 employees, empowering and collaborative work experience including numerous levels of leadership. 2. Successfully created a strong brand among Campus/Training institute to Connects and ensure brand visibility is catered across different colleges across tumkur and other districts within 3 months of joining 3. Responsible for Creating, re-organized, established Brand Visibility and set new forms, guidelines, policy statements, Process implementation that helped to save time, increased productivity at work 3. Responsible for various HR initiatives been rolled out (HR policies/Recruitment task/Process enhancement)
5. Responsible for upliftment for Business Plans/Campaign Incentives, process implementing across different departments and organization 7. Streamline and Establishing process for General Administration in vendor selection/Time management. Feb’09 – Jan’10 Analytics
Key Deliverables: Identifying market needs, proposing new products with detailed backup like market size, need, that align with business development strategies. Interacting with clients to understand their business requirements and providing innovative customized marketing products and services to delight the customers through market research services. Gathering data regarding competitors and analyzing prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution. Designing qualitative and quantitative model for direct implementation, analyzing results, developing actionable insights and recommendations, and presenting the same before the top management. Conducting all aspects of the research process including client contact, project planning, and instrument design. Collecting and analyzing data on customer demographics, usage and attitudes, buying habits to identify potential and summarize
Jun’07 - Feb’09 Marketing
Key Deliverables: Understanding and analyze user needs, and conduct research on markets and competitors by conducting various Market and competitive research; drive competitive analysis across various sectors Establishing short- and long-term product goals and strategies by creating awareness and propose a personalized communication while enhancing Marketing Collateral through by Customized Print solutions. Implement activities for lead-generation, customer experience, advocacy and cross-sell across various customer Segments(Automative/Healthcare/Hospitality/Beverages/IT/Pharma/Educational and others) Develop and drive creative programs that strengthen and also enlighten our customers and partners about Effective usage of personalized Brand Building by coordinating with design and production teams (internal and agency) for the creation of market ready collaterals Identify key influencers like Brand /Marketing Manager, Corporate Communication personnel and develop good relationships ensuring that their needs are being met and that they are receiving appropriate levels of service Evaluate consumer marketing opportunities and initiate programs to increase awareness of personalized communication by Carrying out regular market research initiatives on customized products by integrating primary and secondary research Assist in Creating, Managing and Executing online personalized marketing programs, Building collateral while playing a strategic role in streamlining the process and developing new products. Key Highlights: 1. Won management laurels for acquiring I-mint, India’s largest “Customer Loyalty Program" award by Asia Retail Congress on 3rd Feb 2009. 2. Management appreciated for developing and designing personalized print products across various sectors for the first time in the history of Manipal Press, as a special initiative in Digital Print Solutions. 3. Successfully handled following clients include On Mobile, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Health Care Global (HCG, Country Club (CCIL), RNS Motors, The India Cements Ltd, SABMILLER, Pharmed, etc. 4. Developed & designed customized marketing collateral includes Tent cards, Tent Boards, Calendars, Brochures, Stickers, files, etc by extensive market research methods. 5. Created Brand Image “DigiGO” to sales team in order to ensure that region and local marketing team gets introduced to prospective Customers and helps in acquiring Customer Database.
Handled the following Projects (Brand Association Research Solutions offered) 1. Title: New concept Testing and Customer Loyalty Experience.
2. Title: Employee Motivation and Engagement Concept.
Client: R.N.S Motors-Karnataka’s Largest Maruti Dealer’s Network, Bangalore
Client: SABMILLER-India’s Company, Bangalore
Jul’04 – Apr’05 Engineer-Site
Key Deliverables: Writing questionnaires and analyzing data while carrying out survey to gauge customer satisfaction levels.
Analyzing blueprints and executing comprehensive summaries with fellow workers.
Reporting problems or issues arising during monitoring, tracking, and reporting of various projects.
Working closely to improve the environment by improving quality control and safety measures.
Ensuring cordial relations with clients and Vendors.
Scholastics MBA (Marketing) - Manipal Institute of Management, Manipal University, Manipal.2007. Secured 3.22/4.00 GPA. B.E. (Civil) - Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, VTU, Tumkur, 2005. Secured 1 st class. SIX Sigma Master (Yellow Belt)-Certified Professional, Micro, Small and & Medium Enterprises. Govt of India 2011 Trainings Undergone
1. Effective utilization and introduction of 5S (Kaizen Approach) in work place at Manipal. 2. Participated Online Training on digital print solutions and its principals to understand and enhance personalized brand solutions using market research at Bangalore.
3. Participated 2 day Faculty Development Skill Program conducted by wellingkar Institute of Management, during 15-16th April-2011
4. Participated in Faculty Development Program “ Emerging issue in Management Education” for Undergraduate Faculty at PESITM, during 27th-28th Aprl-2012 Paper Presentations Presented Research Paper titled “Impact of Globalization - Boon or Hazard for SME’s – A Study on Plastic Industries, Manipal” in the National Conference on small and medium enterprises - opportunities and challenges in the global market during 19-21st May’06 at Manipal. Won 2nd prize for “A destination for Health Tourism” paper presentation competition held on 10/10/06 as part of Dashamanostava Celebration of KLES Hospital & MRC, Belgaum. Presented Research paper titled” Industry Application of Data Mining” in the National Level Conference held at St.Aloysious college of Management and Information Technology, Mangalore on May 9th-2012 Presented Conceptual research paper titled “Connecting Digital Marketing- Role of Technology in the new normal market” in the National Level Conference held at PESITM. Shivamogga on March 01 & 02, 2013 Publications Consumer’s Attitude towards online shopping- An Empirical Study conducted in Harsha Retail Store. Shivamogga. Global Journal of Management & Research (International Research Journal) Vol 1, No.3, October-December 2012, ISSN 2278-0955 “Connecting Digital Marketing- Role of Technology in the new normal market” proceedings of
National Level Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management March 01 & 02, 2013, ISBN 978-81-926416-0-7 Sl. No. 1 2
Title of Paper
National or International Journal National
NeuroNarketing- The Future of Customer buying
Business &Management, vol 17, issue No-2, March 2013, page no 29-30
Indian Retail: where’s the excitement India in the hands of FDI Jobs in Retail Sector Case Study: Global Players in retail A Technical Marketer- An Interdisciplinary Profession
Business &Management, vol 17, issue No-3, April 2013, page no 6-17
Business &Management, vol 17, issue No-4, May2013, page no 67-70
Personal Dossier Address
: C/o Gangadarappa, “Malae Mahadeveswara Krupa” 1 st cross Somiaha Extension near shankara Mutt. Behind Brahmins Boys Hostel.Shivamogga-577201.Karnataka state
Date of Birth
: Kannada, English, and Hindi.
Published on Jul 29, 2013