Polish traditional meals
Comenius Project. Letâ€™s create a multicultural Europe.
„Beetroot soup with raviolis”
Beetroot soup - flim
Ingredients: - 1 kilogram beets - 2 carrots - 2 parsleys - half an celery - salt, pepper - maggi (condiment) - 1 slice of bread - 5 parts of garlic - 1 spoon of sugar - condiments - raviolis - mushrooms - cabbage Instructions: First, you have to prepare special mixture (borsch). It’ll be good if you do this 3 or 5 days before the Christmas Eve. So you have to wash the beets, peel and cut it for fine plasters. After that put the beets in jar and put there all parts of garlic in it. The flood it warm water and put 1 slice of bread on it. After that, put small dish towels. After few days from jar will be sourish smell. At the Christmas Eve from vegetables cook mixture – vegetables flood 2 glass of water, put there some condiments which are needed to cooking soups. Cook it about half an hour – that mixture should be about one glass. After that throw away vegetables and add for that acid of beets (borch). All mixture season some condiments. It has to be so strong taste -> beets & pepper taste, so you should add for that mixture a lot of pepper. After that cook borsch for few minutes. Serve it on the beginning of supper with raviolis, mushrooms and a little of cabbage. Have a nice soup! It’s delicious, I’m sure.
Ingredients: 1 cup sugar 1 cup honey 1 / 2 cup margarine 6 eggs 2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon spice for gingerbread 1 cup sour cream Instructions: Melt margarine, sugar, honey and spice gingerbread. Then pour the cream and bring to boil. When cool to cold add the yolks, flour, baking soda and cinnamon at the end of whites. Bake for about 1 hour.
Ingredients ● 2 lb. (about 4) russet potatoes, peeled and halved ● 1 large onion, finely diced ● ½ carrots, finely diced (optional) ● 2 Shiitake mushrooms (optional) ● 2 Tbsp. oil ● 1 lb. ground beef ● 1 egg ● 1 tsp. salt ● ¼ tsp. white pepper ● Freshly ground black pepper ● 3 eggs for the breading ● 2 cup Panko ● ½ cup all purpose flour ● Oil for deep frying ● Tonkatsu Sauce Instructions: In a large pot, put water and potatoes and bring it to a boil. Cook potatoes until a skewer goes through the potato easily Remove the potato from the heat and drain the water completely. When you do so, use a lid to partially cover so the potatoes don’t fall off from the pot. Move the pot back to the stove. On low heat shift the pot so that remaining moisture will completely evaporate (but don’t burn them). Turn off the heat and mash the potatoes. Unlike mashed potato, you don’t have to mash completely. You can want to leave some small chunks for texture. Set aside. Meanwhile, chop onion, carrot, and mushrooms finely. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Sauté onion until soft. Add carrot and Shiitake mushrooms and cook until they are soft.
Add the meat and break it up with a wooden spoon. When the meat is cooked through, add salt, white pepper, and black pepper. Set aside. When both mashed potato and meat mixture are ready, add the meat mixture into mashed potato in the large pot. Make sure you leave the liquid behind. We only want dry ingredients into the pot. Discard any liquid left in the pan. Add an egg and mix all together until everything is well combined. Set aside till cool down a bit (so you can actually hold the mixture with your hands). While the mixture is still warm, but not hot, start making Korokke balls. Dredge each ball in flour, egg, and Panko. In a wok (or frying pan), heat oil over medium high heat. Deep fry Korokke until they are golden brown. Inside is already cooked, so all you need to do is to make it nice brown color. Transfer Korokke to paper towels and let the oil absorbed in the paper. Serve immediately with Tonkatsu Sauce.
Ingredients: ● 1 package active dry yeast ● 1/4 cup warm water (no hotter than 110 degrees) ● 1 cup scalded milk ● 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) butter ● 3/4 cup sugar ● 1/2 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter, increase salt to 1 teaspoon) ● 1 teaspoon vanilla ● 3 large beaten eggs ● 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour ● 2 tablespoons lemon zest (optional) ● 1/2 to 1 cup light or dark raisins ● Confectioners' sugar (optional) ● Icing: (optional) ● 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice ● 1 tablespoon boiling water Preparation: 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Place butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl or stand mixer, and pour the scalded milk over it. Using the paddle attachment, mix until butter has melted and milk has cooled to 110 degrees or below. Mix in the vanilla and eggs. Add yeast and mix until well combined. 2. Add the flour, lemon zest (if using), and raisins and mix thoroughly. The dough will be of a thick cake batter consistency. 3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 10-inch babka pan, kugelhopf pan, Turk's head pan (turban pan), Bundt pan or tube pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan and cover lightly with greased plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk or until dough reaches the top of the pan but no higher 3. Bake about 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, or until instant-read thermometer registers 190 degrees 4. Cool on a wire rack and dust with confectioners' sugar before serving or, when cake is cool, drizzle with a mixture of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and boiling water.
BACON CHEDDAR DEVILED EGGS
INGREDIENTS: -12 EGGS -1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE -4 SLICES BACON -2
CHEDDAR CHEESE -1 TABLESPOON MUSTARD
Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. To cool more quickly, rinse eggs under cold running water.
2. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Alternatively, wrap bacon in paper towels and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute per slice. Crumble and set aside. 3. Peel the hard-cooked eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and cheese. Stir in mustard. Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate until serving.
MAZUREK Ingredients: ●
0.35 kilograms of wheat flour
● 0.05 kilograms of icing sugar ● 0.20 kilograms of butter or margarine ● 2 egg yolks ● 1 tablespoon of heavy cream mass kaymak Instructions: Sprinkle flour on a pastry board, add the butter. Add powdered sugar, egg yolks and cream and knead the dough quickly. Keep refrigerate for 1 hour. Then roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.5 centimeters and put into rectangular molds lined with baking paper. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. The mass kaymak dissolve in a pot on low heat and brush the cake.
White Borscht Ingredients: ● pork ribs 500-600 grams ● 2-3 white sausages ● 2-3 pieces of garlic ● 5-6 dried mushrooms ● 4 bay leaf, 4 allspice, 4 pepper balls ● salt ● marjoram ● thick cream 18%-200 ml
● boiled potatoes ● white borscht in bottle-2/3 bottles ● half boiled eggs Instructions We have to put into big pot cleaned pork ribs, add water and make it boiled. After 3-5 minutes of boiling, chuck out water, clean ribs and add a little water and make it boiled again. In the other bowl pour hot water(100 ml) to the mushrooms and leave it for 15 min. Add bay leaf, allspice, pepper balls, mushrooms with water and salt. Boil on the little fire for 50-60 min. Then we have to add white sausages and boil for the next 20 min. Then take out sausages and ribs and leave it until it get cold. Add bottles of white borscht and boil it on the little fire. Add marjoram, fragmented garlic, fragmented pepper and salt. Add thick cream and serve with eggs and chopped for bricks potatoes.
Ingredients ● 3 cooked carrots ● 2 cooked parsley ● 1 small celery cooked ● 3-4 pickled cucumbers ● 1 onion ● 2 hard-boiled eggs ● 1 apple ● 1 can of peas ● 1 can of corn
● 1-2 potatoes cooked in their skins ● Mayonnaise ● Salt and pepper
Cut into equal cubes of carrot, parsley, celery, cucumber, onion, potato, apple and eggs. Add peas and corn. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and mix.
Dumplings with cabbage and mushrooms Cake: ● 0.5 kilograms (3 cups) flour ● 0.25 liter (1 cup) warm water ● 1 egg
Stuffing: ● a few dried mushrooms ● 0.03 kilograms of sauerkraut ● 1 onion
● 1 tablespoon olive oil ● salt and pepper to taste Instructions: Prepare the filling: cook the dried mushrooms in a small amount of water until tender. Strain, keeping water and chop finely. Fry the onion in olive oil. Cabbage squeeze, if it is too acidic rinse and squeeze well, then chop. Make vitrified onions with mushrooms. Mix. Season with salt and pepper, add the broth with mushrooms and simmer, covered, until the water has evaporated (about 15-20 min.). Prepare the dough: Pour the flour into a bowl, make a hole in it, and knock egg. Pour water slowly, mix the dough by hand. The dough should not be too wet, so you may not need to pour across the water. Knead the dough neatly on smoothly. Roll out the dough fairly thinly on a floured surface. Cut out circles using a glass. At the center of each circle overlap after about a teaspoon of stuffing and fold circle in half. In a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. When the water is boiling - throw dumplings. Remove them after about 7-10 min.
EASTER CAKE INGREDIENTS: ● 1cup butter, softened ● 1/2 cup shortening ● 3 cups white sugar ● 5 eggs, beaten ● 3 cups all-purpose flour ● 1/2 teaspoon baking powder ● 1 cup milk ● 1teaspoon coconut extract ● 1 teaspoon lemon extract ● 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
â—? 1 teaspoon butter flavored extract â—? 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch tube pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. 3.
Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
4. Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack. Place waxed paper under rack to catch glaze drippings. Slowly spoon Five Flavor Glaze onto top of hot cake. Cool completely. 5. To make the Five Flavor Glaze: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
GOOD LUCK & ENJOY YOUR MEAL!