CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
RASPBERRY OAT BARS
• 2 1/4 cups spelt flour (all purpose if you prefer - or try 50/50 ratio)
For the base
• 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
• 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 cup non-dairy butter (I used Earth’s balance)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup whole grain spelt flour
• 14 oz can of coconut milk • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
For the filling
• 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup raspberry jam (sugar free best quality)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips Additions for the topping Glaze:
• 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
• 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon chia seeds
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract • 2-3 tablespoons water - if needed
Method: Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch pan. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large
bowl mix the ingredients for the base. Using your hands create a coarse
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a large bundt pan. In a
crumbly mixture (as if you’re making a crumble or crisp). Press two thirds
large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and
of the mixture into the base of the pan. Press down firmly. Mix together
salt. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the flour to mix with the chocolate chips.
the jam and vanilla extract and carefully spread over the base stopping
In another bowl whisk together the coconut milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla
to give a 1/4 inch margin without any of the mixture at the edges.
extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently combine. Don’t
Add the additions for the topping to the reserved base mixture. Combine
whisk or over beat. Toss the chocolate chips in the reserved 1 table-
well. Sprinkle over the top of the jam.
spoon of flour then add to the mixture and fold in. Pour the batter into
Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until JUST turning golden.
the bundt cake and place on the middle rack in the preheated oven.
Allow to thoroughly cool before cutting and serving.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack to cool thoroughly before glazing. To make the glaze, melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Add the confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and whisk well. If the mixture is too liquidly add a little more confectioner’s sugar. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water. When you’re happy with the consistency spoon the glaze over the cake. Allow to set, then serve and enjoy. RivertownMagazine.com