Page 1

Artefact

Development The next step in creating my creative artefact was decide on the type I would use. As this piece if prodiminalty type, which one I choose is very important. I have already done quite extensive research into typography with my ‘Becoming...’ brief and this knowledge really came in handy.

I experimented with different fonts and ways of presenting my phrases in a 3D form, here are the results:

For this phrase I used Braggadocio. I chose to experiment with this font as it is quite playful which reflects the playful nature of its animation and its also quite chuncky which visually works well in 3D. However, even when the faces of the letters are not rotated and the word is whole, this text is difficult to read. I decided to eliminate this font straight away for this very reason.

18  

Artefact I experimented with different fonts and ways of presenting my phrases in a 3D form, here are the results: The next step in creating...