CREATIVE STRATEGIST. WRITER. BRAND ENTHUSIAST. Shamelessly passionate about people and ideas. Unequivocally dedicated. A wanderer and wonderer, curious about the world and eager to take on new and exciting challenges. Conceptual thinker with a knack for words and a natural ability to communicate in a compelling way. On the hunt for a fun-loving, dynamic team with a mission to ignite world-changing ideas and memorable experiences through creative collaboration, strategic design, and thoughtful communication.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS WordPress Adobe Creative Suite Marketing & Content Strategy Brand Development B2B & B2C Content Marketing Online Marketing/SEO New Business Initiatives Competitive Analysis Project Management Event Planning Client Relations Social Media Management Creative Concepting Proficient Googl-er
LIFE SKILLS Remembering faces Finding the right words The ability to adapt The strength to resist the mold Striking up conversation Staying grounded Highly intuitive Natural-born list maker Seeing the glass half full
HOBBIES & INTERESTS Hiking Health & Wellness Planning and entertaining Getting crafty in the kitchen Meeting new people Learning what makes them tick Exploring new territory Mid-century modern design One-of-a-kind treasures Wine & Bluegrass
TEA COLLECTION | ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER MAY 2017 - AUGUST 2018 | SAN FRANCISCO, CA
• Managed the editorial calendar, thoughtfully planning daily content to align with key brand messages and marketing initiatives in support of seasonal drive times and overall business goals and objectives. Grew Facebook fans by 13.8%.
• Managed Tea's bi-annual Fundraise with School Days program, helping to raise money for over 400 schools and nonprofits nationwide. Outreach efforts resulted in a YOY increase in participation of 13%, and a 12.8% increase in revenue. • Served as the project manager, driving the agenda, content strategy and execution of several key branded events, including our 2018 Destination Launch Party, Portland Children's Museum Pop-up, and annual Retailer Workshop (hosted for our boutique wholesale partners)
SHUTTERFLY INC. | COPYWRITER II OCTOBER 2015 - APRIL 2017 | REDWOOD CITY, CA • Dedicated to conceptualizing and writing clear, concise and strategic direct mail pieces that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives and inspire action • Work closely with Creative Director, design team, as well as cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to produce successful marketing collateral that is customer-focused and fresh in tone. Projects include: 12-16 page booklets, sale postcards, print and package inserts, product inserts, as well as captions and site descriptions for all new photo book styles.
LIONHOUSE | FREELANCE COPYWRITER MARCH 2013 - OCTOBER 2015 | NASHVILLE, TN (REMOTE) • Collaborated with lead Creative Director to shape the dynamic brand voice behind Las Vegas’s 2013 Life is Beautiful Festival and produce event launch and marketing materials, both online and offline • Produced marketing and UX content for Vet On Demand, a veterinary telemedicine mobile app and website. Projects included interface copy, onboarding screens, website copy, and on-going UI and feature improvements
CRUSHPATH | COPYWRITER AUGUST 2015 - SEPTEMBER 2015 | SAN FRANCISCO, CA (CONTRACT) • Worked with global B2B and B2C clients to distill their sales pitch and generate new leads through high-conversion, direct marketing content in the form of custom-built landing pages and highly targeted ads
ELEVEN INC. | ACCOUNT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN DECEMBER 2013 - JULY 2014 | SAN FRANCISCO, CA • Served as project-level production lead and centralized communications point for all new business initiatives including key pitches, proposals, RFP/RFI responses, case studies, and award show submissions
• Increased new business success rate, winning big-name accounts including Oakley, VMware, and BNY Mellon • Effectively managed and prioritized time to ensure deliverables and deadlines were clearly communicated, understood, and expertly executed, while proactively red-flagging and helping to diffuse any cross-team issues that surfaced along the way
• Managed client and team feedback, proofread, and verified production specs • Prepared project estimates, proposals, and production timelines; facilitated project workflow and performed quality control assurance to execute timely deliverables
• Conducted category and competitor research to stay on the pulse of industry trends and help identify new market opportunities and best practices
CREATIVETOPIA | COPYWRITER, “BUILDER OF WORD BRIDGES” Don’t ask “why?” The question is, “why not?”
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS Fall 2006 – Spring 2010 B.F.A. ADVERTISING DESIGN Dean’s List: Fall 2008 & Spring 2009 Sigma Delta Tau – Omega Chapter
925.386.6864 AHCOLLABORATES@GMAIL.COM www.aprilhirsch.com
MARCH 2012 - JUNE 2013 | FRANKLIN, TN • Spearheaded company communications including managing and developing cross-channel creative content for websites, blogs, social media, print, and other key marketing channels • Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new marketing and brand initiatives for clients to optimize the online user experience, increase marketing effectiveness, and improve customer satisfaction
THE COTTON MILL | FREELANCE FASHION BLOGGER & SALES ASSOCIATE OCTOBER 2011 - NOVEMBER 2012 | NASHVILLE, TN • Established excellent rapore with clientele on the sales floor and leveraged my creative messaging and storytelling skills to write engaging, promotional copy for the store blog
PINCHIT | FREELANCE WRITER & EVENT INTERN JULY 2011 - SEPTEMBER 2011 | SAN FRANCISCO, CA • Crafted up to five playful, yet informative Daily Deal features each week, increasing visibility for local merchants, piquing consumer interest, and driving high-quality customers to buy their products and services
• Worked with local vendors to develop and coordinate Daily Deal experience packages offered to online customers SUZY BERBERIAN WEDDINGS & EVENTS | WEDDING COORDINATOR ASSISTANT MAY 2011 - SEPTEMBER 2011 | PETALUMA, CA • Assisted lead consultant on day-of set-up and facilitation for weddings of up to 200 guests; coordinated up to four wedding vendors per event and served as the single point person to ensure all details were seamlessly executed
The resume of April Hirsch - creative strategist, brand enthusiast, and copywriter based in Los Angeles.