FROM FLL-EUSKADI TO FLLATLANTA
Introduction After FLL EUSKADI the improvements of the scientific project are the following ones: o The Budget. o To make the project known o FLL EUSKADI: “How did you connect the robot to the scientific project? o The viability of the project
In this picture we can see our proposal (it is a photoshop), it is a service station where can charge the different electric bikes. Furthermore the bike auto-charges the battery with a motor-generator system.
- The engine stops at 25 km/h.
COPHENAGE ELECTRIC BIKE
- 30km autonomy. - When it starts stopping the battery charges.
1000€ x 15(bike) = 15000€
Bicycle + solar installation
We have obtained the budget with the help of the following company. LIZARDI AUTOMATISMOAK, KOOP. E. Olaso Industrialdea, 15 zbka. - 67. Lokala 20870 ELGOIBAR (Gipuzkoa) Telf: 943 74 13 12 / Fax: 943 74 11 50 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.lizardi.net
To make the project known EUSKALTEL (telefonia company) We can see the presentation of scientific project.
BBK (a bank in the Basque Country) In this photo we can see 3 people of our team after the presentation in BBK.
The town hall in Getxo
We can see some many people of our group speaking with the mayor of town hall in Getxo.
NEXTEL (engineering and consulting company) All the group â€œLaurosonicâ€? visiting the company Nextel.
FLL team meeting: All the team that win in the Basque Country championship.
The viability of the project The TOWN HALL technician’s valuation of the
LAUROSIC team’s valuation At first we show the project of the “bidegorris”. The technicians have presented the technical viability of our project, posing problems and suggestions. With this we propose our improvements.
• Join "bidegorris" - Mr. Vicente Bustamante (roads technician): “We are already doing. The council has adopted (2009) Special Bidegorris Plan to establish a more or less dense mesh. Every year some stretch it up again. Comment malicious: The proposed union comes at the report I find it a little shameless (Aiboa street in the lower section has a slope close to 20%, Sollube nonsense.) “ - Mr. Josu Ateka (environment technician): “Regarding the two issues that play to the municipality: Uniting the bidegorris, in principle it is already happening in a plan presented by the council bidegorris. The union that mark as a council to work on the street Calle Aiboa Txopos is not very realistic to have to have a huge gap (difficult to do by bike). I think the union of municipal bidegorris plan is better and more credible. It may be a possibility that you give them the plans of the municipal plan and the group of Lauro consideration.” •
Solar Panels (if incorporated electric bicycles) should be see the area needed and the points of deployment (installation of the photo of the report, eg, I feel horrible for the beach) and of course the initial investment, it will not be small.
You have to do is to put solar panels on the higher parts of Getxo. Taking into account the aesthetics our main idea was not put solar panels on the beach specifically, but if you put them there would be a good idea, because it is sunny beach, and we can also use different materials for the solar panels do not call much attention. And the subject of money to put solar panels cost 19,000€, suggest why people buy electric bikes to city hall and that the people charged through solar panels that the city offers.
• Electric bicycles: -Mr. Vicente Bustamante: “It's a good idea. Expensive investment, but if I think it might be useful with the age and mature and advanced slopes of Algorta as against what we only have ramps and Bidezábal Salsidu.” - Mr. Unai Ateka: “As the idea is good (it is studying). Also the possibility of feeding with photovoltaic panels is interesting. I think the work they have done (and objectives not know the extent of it) could be improved if they had done calculations on how many panels would be required for our bikes. This information could be achieved with installation companies as well as businesses selling a bike at the level of autonomy.
We understand there are many slopes, but to therefore we propose electric bicycle, because when we go downhill the electric bicycle loads and to go up not so hard.
How did you connect the robot to the scientific project?
ECO-ROBOT: The battery of the robot is charged with solar energy.
We are going to change the battery of the robot to achieve an ecological and practical robot. The questions to resolve are the following ones: What does â€˜the solar cellâ€™ mean? How many solar cell do we need to charge a battery? Can the battery of the robot be charged with solar energy? Answer these questions to understand the concept used in the science project. We therefore had done some experiments using solar cells to understand better these questions.
EXPERIMENTS FOR ECO-ROBOT DESIGN 1. Experiment: Solar panels: What does solar cell means? Solar panels are made it by small silicon cells. Using the photoelectric effect (solar energy becomes electric energy) is obtained electricity.
What is the power? What does it means? Nominal power P=0.4W What is the voltage ? V= 0.5V What is the highest power you can obtain with these cells? P=0,4W
Amount of solar panels
Coupling (series / parallel)
Voltage With voltmeter V(V, voltio)
Intensity with ampere meter
POWER P=VI P(W)
WEATHER (date, temperature )
-Conclusions about the experiment â€˘
Cell in parallel is the best option because this provides more energy and power
2. Experiment: Can the battery of the robot be charged with solar energy?:
In the pictures we can see how to charge a rechargeable battery with solar cells. This would be the way to achieve electric energy to the robot battery. From the previous experiment can be extrapolated haw many cells are required to charge the robot battery. With more studies on the subject and more time, it could be obtained the results that we need.
Repercussion of our team in the Basque Country At the school:
At the News: 20 GIZARTEA
Sábado, 27 de marzo de 2010 Deia
CONCURSO MUNDIAL PARA ALUMNOS DE SECUNDARIA
Lauro Ikastola: Los últimos serán los primeros Alumnos de Diversificación de Lauro son seleccionados para una competición de robótica en Atlanta CONCHA LAGO – BILBAO
NEXTEL: Intranet Press release http://www.nextel.es/aNXW/web/es/prensa/prensa2010/0329.jsp
Working Committees Technical Project Committee members: Paul Aurre, Diego Madinabeitia, Jon Larrinaga, Mikel Gallastegui.
Scientific Project Committee members: Nagore Bruno, Paul Aurre, Jon Larrinaga, Nerea Martinez, Mikel Gallastegui, Imanol Mezo.
Robot Design Committee: Jon Larrinaga, Paul Aurre, Josu Gutierrez, Imanol Mezo. Marketing and Foreign relationships (blog and wiki design): Nagore Bruno, Paul Aurre, Josu Gutierrez, Mikel Gallastegui.