Office of the LFAY Student Parents’ Association (BAPE) Minutes of the January 18, 2011 meeting Present:
BENEDETTI, Éric DOAN CAM, Van FIORUCCI, Alain
GAUTIER, Patrice LASALLE, François MARCHAL, Bruno
MARY, Frédéric SAYAG, Rozenn SCARWELL, Carole
CAO, Serge FABRE, Ben
MORRIS, Jason NGUYEN THI, Thoa
NICOLAI, Yves PRÉVOST, Cécile
Agenda 1) Approve the minutes of the November 30, 2010 meeting (F. Lasalle) 2) Update on school transportation (R. Sayag) 3) Introduction of Mrs Doan Cam Van, the BAPE’s new assistant 4) Update on insurance issues (R. Sayag) 5) Update on the Lycée relocation (E. Benedetti) 6) Update on finances and accounting (A. Fiorucci, Van) 7) Drinks for Claire’s departure 8) Date of the next meeting
1) Approve the minutes of the November 30, 2010 meeting (F. Lasalle) The minutes of the November 30, 2010 meeting are unanimously approved.
2) Update on school transportation (R. Sayag) All school buses are now equipped with safety belts – this was verified. Not all students use them yet, but a reminder of security rules will be sent to parents shortly. The reminder will also provide the following information: - Van’s coordinates and details on her role as primary contact for school transportation; - the need for parents to notify us of any bus change by a student at least 24 hours in advance, lest the student be refused access to the new bus; - the splitting of Claire’s position into two jobs, filled by Van et Mrs. Stella Zepi Another message will be sent to Lycée staff to inform them that starting with the 3rd trimester they will be required to pay regular rates to use the school transportation. To remedy the shortage of seats in bus # 15, the two Lycée staff currently using that bus will be notified that they must give up their seats for two students who cannot use that bus currently for lack of space.
A request for an additional bus has been made by parents, to provide transportation for 5 students living outside of the areas currently covered by the bus routes. After discussion, it is agreed to determine the price and logistics of renting a larger bus on an existing route to cover the 5 students. It is also agreed to decline the suggestion of Mr. Hoa, provider of the school buses, that the APE offer those of his employees assigned to the Lycée buses a gift for Têt.
3) Introduction of Mrs Doan Cam Van, the BAPE’s new assistant Van introduces herself to the BAPE members and states her complete availability to assist the mat all times. She is warmly welcomed !
4) Update on insurance issues (R. Sayag) A new proposal for professional responsibility insurance was prepared for the APE by the Gras Savoye group, but despite our request for coverage adapted to our needs, the premium remains around $2,000. Groupama has also prepared a proposal, with a premium of around $750. Rozenn will compare both proposals and make a recommendation.
5) Update on the Lycée relocation (E. Benedetti) The BAPE’s latest update on the Lycée relocation is already on the blog in French and English; Van is working on the Vietnamese version. In short, the Dai Mo site option has been officially rejected by the AEFE, which led to two more proposals – one of which is relatively complex and will require a lot of work. A decision on the site is intended in the 3-4 next months; the final choice is likely to be made between the Long Bien and Ecopark sites. The Ecopark promoters have committed in writing to the Lycée Principal that the land use certificate would be transferred within two months of signing if their site is selected. The AEFE visit to the Long Bien site was rescheduled to mid-February or later, due to various delays invoked by the Hanoi People’s Committee (including the Communist Party Congress, Lunar New Year, etc..).
6) Update on finances and accounting (A. Fiorucci, Van) Van confirms that the billing module of the new accounting software (CIEL) works well. She has also verified the term dates of some VND 500 million in deposits – this amount will be used to cover school transportation costs in January. Alain confirms that he has not yet received updated financial files following Claire’s departure on December 18, and that he will obtain these files shortly to start reviewing them. He will meet François to start an in-depth review of school attendance statistics. He also underlines the need to 2
define with Van a series of procedures concerning her weekly work periods at the Lycée and other tasks.
7) Drinks for Claire’s departure (P. Gauthier) A meal or drinks will be organized to say goodbye to Claire on February 25. A small group will be invited, including current and past members of the BAPE and parents elected to the School Committees. Claire will be informed of this so that she can invite a few more people.
8) Date of the next meeting Wednesday February 16 at François’ home.