DELICIOUS KUZHI PANIYARAM RECIPE â€“ GUNTA PONGANALU
Kuzhi Paniyaram is an amazing South Indian breakfast dish, with tons of flavor and taste. Kuli Paniyaram is referred as Gunta Ponganalu or Paddu in Telugu. It is also one of the famous dish in Chettinad Cuisine.
HOW TO MAKE KUZHI PANIYARAM OR VELLAI (WHITE) PANIYARAM: Kuzhi Paniyaram Batter is made with sour idli dosa batter mixed with onions and green chilies. This is then cooked using a cast iron Paniyaram pan. This pan is known as Appe pan in the west. While pouring the batter to the Paniyaram pan, always fill the Paniyaram pan molds 3/4 full. Then cover Paniyaram pan with lid and cook in a medium flame.
This helps you to get nice soft and evenly cooked Paniyarams, that is crunchy on the outside and spongy in the inside.
KUZHI PANIYARAM BATTER: Kuzhi Paniyarm Batter has to be in right consistency to make a perfect Paniyaram. The Batter is nothing but a sour idli dosa batter, which is nothing but a leftover idli batter that is kept for more than a day. If you would like to know how to make idli dosa batter, check out this recipe for making Idli Dosa batter. The Paniyaram batter should not be too thick or too thin, it should be in a right consistency. So when adding water make sure you add little by little till you get a sauce kind of texture. Add onions and green chilies to enhance the Paniyaram flavor. Then add onions and green chilies to make it more delicious. At my home, whenever I make idli dosa batter, the first day of fermentation, I make idlis. Next day is Dosa and third day the batter would become sour, and perfect for making Kuzhi Paniyaram.
SERVE YOUR PANIYARAM: Although the Paniyarams can be consumed as it is, because of the flavor and ingredients in it. However, it could even be better if you eat them with some spicy chutney and Dal sambar. They complement each other and takes the taste to the next level.
KUZHI PANIYARAM RECIPE - GUNTA PONGANALU Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 5 mins Total Time 15 mins Course: Breakfast Cuisine: Indian Servings: 4
1 cup RICE WHITE LONG-GRAIN 0.25 cup URAD DAL 0.5 tsp FENUGREEK SEED 2 cup ONIONS RAW 4 tbsp OIL 2 no GREEN CHILIES 0.5 tsp MUSTARD SEEDS 1 tsp URAD DAL 0.25 tsp HING OR ASAFOETIDA
1. Chop the onion and green chilies finely. 2. In a pan, heat oil add the mustard seeds and wait until it gets splutter. Add the urad dal and saute until it becomes golden brown. Add the asafoetida and mix well in the oil. 3. Add the chopped onion, green chilies and cook until onion becomes soft. 4. In a bowl add cooked onion mixture, sour idli dosa batter, salt and mix well. 5. Heat a drop of oil into each mold in Paniyaram pan and pour a spoonful batter into each mold up to 3/4 full. Cover and cook until the bottom side of the Ppaniyaram gets cooked, turn and cook on the other side until it gets cooked and color changes to golden brown.
QUICK OATS PANIYARAM Oats Paniyaram is an easy and quick breakfast recipe. Paniyaram is a dish cook ed in an appe pan. It can also be served as a snack or breakfast. Personally, I like this paniyaram more than regular paniyaram. I usually grind the oats into a fine powder in bulk and store it in an airtight container.
QUICK OATS PANIYARAM RECIPE Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 5 mins Total Time 20 mins Course: Breakfast Cuisine: Indian Servings: 5
1 cup OATS 0.25 cup RICE FLOUR WHITE 1 tbsp SOOJI RAVA
0.50 cup ONION CHOPPED 1 no GREEN CHILIES 2 tbsp CANOLA OIL 0.25 cup YOGURT 0.50 tsp BAKING SODA 0.50 tsp MUSTARD SEEDS 1 tsp URAD DAL 0.75 cup WATER
1. Grind the oats into a fine powder. In a medium bowl add the oats powder, rice flour, sooji, baking soda, salt, yogurt, and mix well. Add water slowly and make a batter (The batter should be in an Idli batter consistency). Set aside for 30 minutes. 2. Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds and wait until it gets splutter. Add the urad dal, chopped onion, green chilies and cook until onion becomes soft. Allow it to cool and mix it with the oats batter. 3. Grease the Appe pan with oil and place a spoonful of batter into each mold up to 3/4 full, cover and cook until the color changes to brown at the bot tom and the holes start appearing on the top. Flip and cook on the other side until the color changes into golden brown.
UNNIYAPPAM (KERALA APPAM) WITH RICE FLOUR
Unniyappam is a famous sweet in Kerala with ripe banana, rice flour, ghee, and jaggery. It is cooked in a special pan called appe or paniyaram pan.
SMART COOKING TIPS: 1. I used store bought rice flour in this recipe, you can make rice flour at home but it is a lengthy and time-consuming process. 2. Adding roasted nuts, raisins, coconut pieces are optional. 3. Make sure to set the batter for at least 30 minutes before start making unniyappam. It helps to make a soft and flavorful unniappam. 4. You can also replace the ghee with oil for frying the unniappam. But ghee gives an excellent taste to this recipe.
5. Make sure to use a ripe banana that helps to enhance a naturally sweet taste and banana flavor in this recipe.6. You can also use store-bought cardamom powder in this recipe, but freshly crushed cardamoms give an excellent flavor. 6. Add jaggery according to your sweet taste. If the sweetness is not enough for your sweet tooth, add little amount of sugar to the batter and mix well.
HOW TO MAKE JAGGERY SYRUP? Making jaggery syrup is a quite time-consuming task. I found this simple tips of making jaggery syrup quickly using a microwave oven. Wherever the recipe calls for jaggery syrup, you can follow this method. You can also make jaggery syrup on the stove top by melting jaggery with water using a sauce pan. 1. Take a microwave safe thick container (avoid using plastic ones) and place jaggery in it. Add little amount of water and heat it in a microwave oven until the jaggery melts down completely. Take out the bowl from a microwave oven at every 20 – 30 seconds interval and mix the jaggery mixture with a wooden spatula. Make sure to take out the jaggery mixture and mix at every 20 – 30 seconds interval because tends to get burned quickly. 2. Filter the jaggery syrup using a cheese or muslin cloth to remove the impurities and use it in the recipe.
HOW TO SERVE UNNIYAPPAM? Serve Unniyappam warm.
UNNIYAPPAM (KERALA APPAM) WITH RICE FLOUR RECIPE Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
1 hrs 5 mins 1 hrs 5 mins
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: Indian Servings: 6 people
1 cup RICE FLOUR WHITE
1 no BANANAS RAW 100 gms JAGGERY 2 no CARDAMOM 4 tbsp GHEE 4 gms RAISINS GOLDEN SEEDLESS 4 gms CASHEW NUTS RAW 2 tbsp COCONUT MEAT RAW 0.25 tsp BAKING SODA
1. Mash the banana using a fork until smooth. 2. In a wide bowl, add rice flour, crushed cardamom, jaggery syrup (refer above notes on how to make jaggery syrup), baking soda, mashed banana, finely chopped coconut pieces, raisins (optional), roasted cashew nuts (optional) and mix well. Add water slowly and make a smooth batter, it should not be too thick or too thin. Set the batter for an hour. 3. After an hour, add ghee into each mold of an appe or paniyaram pan and wait until the ghee becomes hot. Pour a spoonful of batter into each mould until 3/4 full and cook over a low to medium flame until the bottom side of the paniyarams become crispy. 4. Turn the paniyarams to the other side and cook until the color changes to golden brown. Unniyappam is ready to be serve.
MEDU VADA IN PANIYARAM PAN
Make medu vada healthier with only a few drops of oil using paniyaram pan (appe pan). It tastes just like the deep fried vadas.
WAYS TO MAKE MEDU VADA? Traditionally, urad dal vada is a deep fried dish with urad dal, onion, green chilies and coriander leaves. I tried making urad dal vada healthier by baking. Baked vadas also taste yummy but it is slightly dry compared to the deep fried ones. Paniyaram pan version also works well, the vadas turned out perfect just like the deep fried ones. The only thing I missed in the appe pan version vada is the traditional shape of the vada, a hole in the center of the vada.
MEDU VADA BATTER: The important thing to make a perfect medu vada is grinding the batter to the right consistency. If the batter is too thick then the vadas will turn out rubbery. If the batter is too thin then the vada will be absorbing lots of oil and the vadas would turn out oily. Add water one tbsp at a time and grind. Sprinkle water little by little and grind to a smooth and fluffy batter. Take a little amount of batter with your fingers and test out by making a hole in the center of the batter with your thumb. Then add salt, chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves a nd mix well. Then take a little amount of batter at a time with your fingers and make a hole in the center and drop gently in the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and serve.
HOW TO SERVE URAD DAL VADA? Serve urad dal vada with coconut chutney and sambar.
Medu Vada Recipe in Paniyaram Pan Prep Time
3 hr 20 mins
3 hr 25 mins
Course: Snack Cuisine: Indian Servings: 6
1 cup Urad da 0.50 cup Onion Chopped 1 no Green Chilies 0.25 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped 10 no Curry Leaves 1 tsp Salt (to taste) 2 tbsp Oil 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
1. Soak urad dal for at least 2 hours and drain the water completely. Grind the urad until it becomes soft and fluffy. Sprinkle water little by little in between and grind it to a right consistency. 2. Add finely chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, hing (asafoetida), salt and mix well. 3. Heat a few drops of oil in each mold in the paniyaram pan. 4. Add batter in each mold until 3/4 full, cover and cook on both the side until the vadas get cooked thoroughly and serve.
HOW TO MAKE BAATI
Baati is a popular Rajasthani dish with wheat flour, sooji (rava) and ghee. It is easy to prepare at home and stays good for a long time.
HOW TO MAKE BAATI IN PANIYARAM PAN? Traditionally, baati is prepared in the tandoori oven. You can even bake baati in the conventional oven. This paniyaram pan method also works well, baati turns out similar to the oven baked baatis. The baatis made in paniyaram pan are also used to make the delicious churma laddoo. Churma laddoo is a delicious sweet made with deep fried baatis, jaggery, and ghee. You can make hard and perfect baatis in the paniyaram pan using the less amount of ghee. Churma ladoos are my favorite I
made baatis and enjoyed with dal for dinner and saved the remaining baatis for churma ladoo. Today, I am going to prepare churma ladoo.
SMART COOKING TIPS: 1. Make sure to cook baatis over a low heat and covered. If you cook on a high heat the outer part of the battis will get burned and the inner part remains uncooked. 2. The dough for baati is similar to the chapati dough but it should be slightly firm and tight.
HOW TO MAKE DAL BAATI?
Baati serves with dal topped with the ghee and hence call it as a dal baati. The dal for baati is made with toor dal, channa dal, moong dal, urad dal and flavored with spices. It is easy and simple dal recipe that you can make in just a few mins. Check out the recipe for dal baati.
HOW TO SERVE BAATI? Serve baati with ghee, dal and churma. Let the baatis to cool completely , broke into small pieces and grind to a coarse powder using a blender. Add melted ghee, jaggery and make churma ladoos.
Baati In Paniyaram Pan recipe Prep Time
Course: vegetarian Cuisine: Indian Servings: 2
1 cup Wheat Flour (atta) 0.25 cup Sooji (rava) 4 tbsp Ghee Melted 0.50 tsp Salt 1 tbsp Ghee (for greasing pan) 3 - 4 tbsp Water (for kneading dough) 0.25 tsp Ajwain
1. In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, sooji and mix well. Add melted ghee and mix well. 2. Add water little by little and make a firm dough. Cover and set the dough for 10 - 15 mins. 3. Divide the dough into small balls and make a dent gently with ur thumb as I shown in the picture.
4. Grease the paniyaram (appe pan) with ghee or oil and place the rolled balls in the molds. Cover and cook over a low heat on both the sides until the baati is cooked thoroughly. The baatis should be hard on both outside and inside. 5. Dip baatis in the ghee and serve with dal and churma. Allow the baatis to cool completely and grind to a coarse powder using a mixer or food processor, add melted ghee, melted jaggery and make churma laddoos.
EGG BONDA IN PANIYARAM PAN
Egg bonda (Egg bhaji) is an easy and simple snack with hard-boiled egg and chickpea flour. It is easy to prepare in just 30 mins.
HOW TO PREPARE EGG BONDA? Traditionally, egg bonda is a deep fried snack with hard-boiled egg and seasoned chickpea flour. It is a popular Indian street food that you can find in many roadside restaurants in India. It is also known as egg bhaji, egg pakora, muttai bonda and ande bhaji. I prepared this egg bonda in the paniyaram pan using a few drops of oil instead of deep frying. I didnâ€™t even notice the difference between the deep fried egg bhaji and the one I made in the paniyaram pan using only a few drops of oil. I enjoyed this guilt-free and protein packed snack with a cup of tea yesterday evening. My son Aldrich too loved it.
SMART COOKING TIPS: 1. You can add finely chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste in the batter. 2. The chickpea (besan) flour batter should be slightly thick and flowing consistency. If the batter is thin then it wonâ€™t coat the eggs properly.
3. Cook egg bonda over a medium flame in the appe pan. If you are deep frying the egg bonda, pierce the hard boiled eggs roughly using a fork before dipping in the batter. This helps to avoid the eggs getting burst while deep frying. PROTEIN PACKED SNACK:
As we all know hard boiled eggs are the quickest source of protein. Hard boiled eggs are easy to make and stays good in a fridge for up to seven days. You can serve as it is for a breakfast or snack and can use in the varieties of recipes from salads to appetizers. Egg bonda is an excellent snack using the hard boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs coated with the seasoned chickpea flour batter and deep fried.
This healthy version of egg bonda using the paniyaram pan helps us to enjoy this protein packed snack without indulging the fat from the oil. Check out the other hard boiled egg recipes avocado boiled egg sandwich, egg pepper fry, egg curry, egg thokku, avocado deviled eggs, and egg keema.
HOW TO SERVE EGG BONDA? Serve egg bonda as a snack or appetizer.
Egg Bonda in Paniyaram Pan Recipe Prep Time
Course: Snack Cuisine: Indian Servings: 4
4 no Hard boiled eggs 1 cup Chickpea Flour (besan) 0.25 cup Rice Flour 1 tsp Red Chili Flour 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder 1 pinch Asafoetida 1 tsp Salt 1 tbsp Oil 0.75 cup Water (approximately)
1. Cut each hard-boiled egg in the half. 2. In a bowl add chickpea flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida and mix well. Add water slowly and make a smooth batter. The batter should be slightly thick but flowing consistency. 3. Heat few drops of oil in each mold in the paniyaram pan. Dip the egg pieces one by one in the batter using a slotted spoon and place in the molds. Cook on both the sides until the batter is cooked.
BANANA PANIYARAM Banana Paniyaram is an easy and quick evening snack. Kids woul d love these sweet and delicious paniyarams. It is a great way to use an over-ripe banana. I didnâ€™t use baking soda in it though it turned out soft. You could also add jaggery syrup, instead of sugar.Add sugar according to your taste. If you are using jagg ery powder, allow the batter to sit for 20 minutes because jaggery takes a long time to dissolve and mix evenly with the batter. I used a
ripe large banana for this recipe. Over ripe banana gives a flavor and sweet taste to this recipe.
BANANA PANIYARAM RECIPE Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
10 mins 5 mins 15 mins
Course: kids Cuisine: Indian Servings: 8
0.50 cup WHEAT FLOUR 1 no BANANA 5 gms CASHEW NUTS 0.25 cup COCONUT GRATED 0.25 cup SUGARS GRANULATED 2 no CARDAMOM 2 tsp OIL 0.25 cup RICE FLOUR WHITE 1 pinch BAKING SODA
1. Mash the banana into a smooth puree. Add the rice flour, wheat flour, shredded coconut, sugar, crushed cardamom, baking soda, chopped nuts and mix well. 2. Add the water slowly and make a smooth batter, without any lumps. The batter should not be too thick or too thin, it should be in a right consistency. 3. Grease the paniyaram pan with oil and pour a spoonful of batter in each cup upto 3/4 full. Cover and cook on both the sides in a medium flame, u ntil the color change into golden brown.
ALOO BONDA (BATATA VADA) â€“ EVENING SNACK
Aloo Bonda (batata vada) is a popular Indian snack with potato and chickpea flour. It tastes so delicious and flavorful with spices and potatoes.
A DELICIOUS EVENING SNACK: Aloo bonda (batata vada) is a popular Indian snack that you can find in almost all the roadside tea shops. In South India, it is known as aloo bonda and in Maharastra, it is known as batata vada. It is an excellent evening snack to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea after a long tiresome working day. Potatoes, spices and chickpea flour together make a delicious snack. You can even serve aloo bonda as an appetizer too. Kids would also love this aloo bonda but make sure to add the spices according to your kids taste. If you like aloo bonda, you might also like spicy potato wedges, potato bread rolls and potato bread toast.
SMART COOKING TIPS:
1. Add water slowly to the chickpea flour and make batter to the right consistency, the batter should not be too thick or thin. 2. You can add chopped green chilies, ginger or any of your favorite spices in the potato mixture. 3. Deep fry the aloo bonda over a medium flame this helps to cook evenly on all the sides without getting burned.
HOW TO MAKE ALOO BONDA IN PANIYARAM PAN? Traditionally, aloo bonda is a deep fried dish. You can make aloo bondas healthier with less amount of oil using an appe (paniyaram) pan. I tried making alo o bonda using an appe pan, it turned out good that taste more similar to the fried version. Appe pan is my favorite kitchen utensil that helps to make delicious snacks like pakoras and vadas healthier with just a few drops of oil. Last week, I tried falafe l in an appe pan, it turned out crunchy just like the deep fried ones.
CHECK OUT THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE ALOO BONDA USING THE PANIYARAM PAN:
1. In a bowl add chickpea (besan) flour, rice flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, asafoetida and mix well. Add water slowly and make a smooth batter without leaving any lumps (the batter should not be too thick or thin). 2. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender and mash with fork or potato masher. 3.In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and mix well in the oil. Add chopped onion and cook until the onion becomes soft. Add turmeric powder and cook until the turmeric powder loses its raw smell. 4. Add mashed potatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well. Turn off the heat, add lemon juice and mix well. Allow the potato mixture to cool and divide them into small balls. 5. Heat few drops of oil in each mold in the paniyaram pan and dip each po tato ball in the chickpea batter and drop in the molds one by one gently and cook until the batter gets cooked.
HOW TO SERVE ALOO BONDA? Serve aloo bonda as it is or with any of your favorite sides like tomato ketchup or chutney.
ALOO BONDA (BATATA VADA) - EVENING SNACK RECIPE Prep Time
Course: Snack Cuisine: Indian Servings: 6
300 gms POTATO 1 tsp SALT TABLE 1 tsp RED CHILI POWDER
0.50 tsp CORIANDER POWDER 1.50 tbsp OIL 0.50 cup ONION CHOPPED 0.50 tsp CUMIN SEED 0.50 tsp LEMON JUICE RAW 0.25 tsp TURMERIC GROUND 0.50 cup CHICKPEA FLOUR (BESAN) 1 tsp RICE FLOUR WHITE 0.25 tsp HING OR ASAFOETIDA 1 cup OIL
1. In a bowl add chickpea (besan) flour, rice flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, asafoetida and mix well. Add water slowly and make a smooth batter without leaving any lumps (the batter should not be too thick or thin). 2. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender and mash with fork or potato masher. 3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and mix well in the oil. Add chopped onion and cook until the onion becomes soft. 4. Add turmeric powder and cook until the turmeric powder loses its raw smell. 5. Add mashed potatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well. Turn off the heat, add lemon juice and mix well. Allow the potato mixture to cool and divide them into small balls. 6. Dip each potato ball in the chickpea batter and drop in the hot oil one by one gently and deep fry until the color changes to golden brown.
FALAFEL WITH CHICKPEAS AND FRESH HERBS
Falafel is a crunchy and flavorful recipe with chickpeas and herbs. You can serve falafel as a snack or appetizer or as a pattie for the veggie burger.
BAKED FALAFEL: Baked Falafel is an easy and healthy alternative to deep fried ones. Though, the baked falafels are not as crunchy as the fried ones. But it tastes good, baking helps to retain the fresh herbs flavor and nutritious from the chickpeas. It tastes slightly crunchy on the outer side and soft on the inside with the strong garlic and cilantro flavor. Baked falafel is also low in calories compared to the deep fried ones. HOW TO MAKE BAKED FALA\FEL?
1. Rinse and soak the dried chickpeas in water for about 8 â€“ 12 hours. Drain the water from soaked chickpeas and grind the chickpeas with cilantro and garlic to a coarse paste without adding water. Add cumin powder, paprika, and coriander powder if desired. 2. Divide the ground chickpea mixture into small portions and shape them into small balls. Flatten in between your palms into a pattie shape.
3. Brush the baking sheet with oil and arrange the patties with enough amount of space in between each pattie. Again brush oil on top of the patties and bake in a 420 degrees preheated oven for 30 mins until the color changes to golden brown. Flip the patties to the other side after 15 mins of baking and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Baked Falafels are ready to be serve. 5. Avoid over grinding the chickpeas to a smooth paste, it should be in a coarse texture.
GRINDING THE CHICKPEAS USING A FOOD PROCESSOR: Grinding chickpeas to a coarse texture is important for making falafels. I used cuisine art food processor to grind the chickpeas that just done it in a few seconds. The food processor is a useful kitchen tool that does almost everything like mincing, slicing, and grating. If you cook a lot at home, food processor is one such excellent tool that helps to save a lot of time. Check out the cuisine art food processor.
SMART COOKING TIPS: 1. Make sure to use dried chickpeas. Canned chickpeas or cooked chickpeas fall apart when shaping the falafels. 2. If you found difficult to shape the chickpea mixture, add all-purpose flour for binding. 3. You can use parsley in this recipe instead of cilantro. Also, you can add spices like cumin powder and coriander powder. Adding green chilies are optional, I prefer spicy falafels so I added a green chili. 4. Refrigerating the chickpea mixture after grinding is optional. But i t helps to enhance the flavors in falafel. 5. Avoid over grinding the chickpeas to a smooth paste, it should be in a coarse texture. HOW TO MAKE FALAFEL IN APPE PAN?
Heat a drop of oil in each mold of appe pan and place the ground chickpeas mixture up to 3/4 full. Cover and cook the falafels over a medium heat on both the sides until the color changes to golden brown.
FRIED VERSION OF FALAFEL: Traditionally falafel is a deep-fried dish. Of course, deep-fried falafels are more crunchy and tasty that baked version. Personally, I liked fried and appe (paniyaram) pan version of falafels.
HOW TO SERVE FALAFEL? Serve falafel as a snack or appetizer with tahini sauce or in between the burger buns for a veggie burger. Note: The calorie count mentioned in this recipe is for fried version of falafel. It varies for the baked and appe pan version.
FALAFEL WITH CHICKPEAS AND FRESH HERBS RECIPE Prep Time
8 hr 20 mins
8 hr 25 mins
Course: Snack Cuisine: Mediterranean Servings: 6
1 cup CHICKPEAS DRIED 1 cup CILANTRO (CORIANDER)LEAVES RAW 8 gms GARLIC CLOVES 1 tsp SALT TABLE 1 no GREEN CHILIES 0.50 cup ONION CHOPPED 1 cup OIL (for frying)
1. Rinse and soak the dried chickpeas in water for 8 - 12 hours. After 8 hours, drain the water completely from the chickpeas. 2. In a food processor add chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, green chili and grind it to a coarse paste.
3. Transfer the ground chickpea mixture to a bowl, add salt, chopped onion and mix well. Refrigerate the ground chickpea mixture for an hour (optional, but it helps to enhance the herbs flavor). 4. Divide the chickpea mixture into the small portions and shape them into small balls and flatten in between your palms (optional) for the patties shape. In a hot oil drop the chickpea patties, one by one gently and deep fry until the color changes to golden brown. 5. For baked version: Preheat the oven to 420 degrees and brush the baking sheet with oil. Arrange the patties with enough amount of space in between each pattie. Again brush the oil on top of the patties and bake in a preheated 420 degrees oven for 30 mins until golden brown. Flip the falafels after 15 minutes of baking and bake for another 15 minutes. 6. For appe pan version: Heat a tsp of oil in each mold and add ground chickpeas mixture up to 3/4 full. Cover the appe pan with lid and cook the falafel on both the sides over a medium flame until the color changes to golden brown.
MASALA OMELETTE IN PANIYARAM PAN
Masala omelette is a spicy and flavorful omelette recipe with onion and spices. These tiny omelets are made using a paniyaram pan that tastes fluffy and spongy.
SMART COOKING TIPS: 1. Cook the eggs in the paniyaram pan over a low to medium flame to avoid the eggs getting burned. 2. Adjust adding the spices according to your taste. 3. You can add vegetables like grated carrot, capsicum, spinach in this recipe. 4. Fill each mold in the paniyaram pan until 3/4 full because the onion and coriander leaves in the egg mixture tend to oozes out water content when cooking that leads to overflow the egg mixture from the molds.
HOW TO MAKE MASALA OMELETTE WITHOUT PANIYARAM PAN? You can make masala omelette using a wide skillet too. It is same like the regular omelette recipe. Beat eggs with salt and spice powder. Add chopped onion, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and mix well. In a wide skillet pour the beaten egg mixture, drizzle oil on the sides and cook over a low to medium flame on both sides until the egg is get cooked thoroughly.
HOW TO SERVE MASALA OMELETTE? Serve masala omelette as a snack or appetizer or as a side dish with rice varieties.
Masala Omelette in Paniyaram Pan Recipe Prep Time
Course: Snack Cuisine: Indian Servings: 2
4 no Eggs 0.50 tsp Salt 0.50 tsp Red Chili Powder 1 pinch Turmeric Power 0.50 tsp Coriander Powder 0.50 cup Chopped Onion 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves 1 no Chopped Green Chilies 2 tsp Oil Instructions
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder together using a fork or whisk until blended. Add chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves and mix well.
2. Heat few drops of oil in each mold in the paniyaram pan. Fill the beaten egg mixture in each mold until 3/4 full and cook over a low to medium flame on both the sides until the eggs get cooked thoroughly and serve.
A collection of interesting recipes using Paniyaram Pan.