Page 1

the

DOCUMENTEDEvidence P

Model Design

For this project, I designed a ceiling lamp in the shape of da Vinci’s flying machine. Above is the original design from the internet and I originally used this to help me make my final design in google sketch (pic below) but since this is much clearer, I will use this to guide me through out the process of making this model instead.

nnn

Friday, November 25, 2011

A

R

T

O

N

E

This week I started to make the product. The first few steps are just to collect materials and measure how much I need before cutting them. Those part were easy enough but it took up so much time that I almost spent the whole week doing it. Since it was also my first Design Technology class, I find it a bit hard to use the machines but after the first week it gets much easier to operate properly. At this point I’m a little bit behind on my schedule because I underestimated this step.


Friday, November 25, 2011


P

A

R

T

T

H

R

E

E

CONTINUING THE FRAME THIS WEEK I AM COMPLETING THE MAIN FRAME WITH THE EXTRA PARTS SUCH AS THE WHEELS FOR EACH SIDE OF THE FRAME AND TWO OTHER ONES ON TOP FOR SUPPORTING THE WINGS. I ALSO MADE A COUPLE MORE PARTS FROM DOWELING FOR SUPPORTING THE WINGS

That’s me sanding down

one of the round parts for the frame

AND SMOOTH THEM WITH SAND PAPER BEFORE STICKING THEM IN. AT THIS POINT I AM BACK ON TRACK ON MY TIME LINE BECAUSE MAKING THE SMALL PIECES ARE APPARENTLY MUCH FASTER THAN THE MAIN FRAME.

She’s gluing all the parts together

And that’s me and Gavin after he asked me what the heck am I doing

sanding them when he’s

the one who told me to do it in the first place

Friday, November 25, 2011


Documented Evidence

P

A

R

T

F

O

U

For this couple of lessons, I made a pair of wings and tail for the plane. I drew the shapes on a piece of cardboard and cut it out using scissors which I find a bit hard to do.

Next week, I want to start painting my product!

Friday, November 25, 2011

R


Painting

DO CU EVI MENTE DEN D CE PA R T FI VE

This week, I managed t o paint the whole model for only two lessons. At first I paint it with light brown ht at looks awful but ht en I changed ht e color ot a darker shade even though I personally ht ink it looks better not painted at all and ht e best

part, I’m finished just in time! Unpoaintotiokngththesee pmictuodreel ofanmd e gluing back the wfings after it fell of

Friday, November 25, 2011

Design Technology Documented Evidence  

The process of making my DT product