Paper Manipula,on experiment 1
I created this dress on a small scale mannequin by manipula5ng paper. I used scissors to create a fringed eﬀect and a stapler and masking tape to keep it together. Underneath the fringed paper there is lots of layers of paper to create an ‘underskirt’ eﬀect and a strip of paper for a band belt eﬀect. I personally don’t like the outcome of this experiment because it was my ﬁrst 5me at trying it and the paper is sharp and straight so doesn’t ﬂow the way I would like it. If I were to do it again I would try to cut the paper neater and organise it more.
Paper Manipula,on experiment 2 I created this skirt on a small scale mannequin using paper and glue with inspira6on from a this picture on the right from Pinterest. I cut out lots of squares of copper coloured paper and beige coloured paper and folded into an envelope and glued together in the middle. I then glued 3 together in a line and a=ached to each other using cello tape to create this mini skirt.
Paper Manipulation experiment 3Me and my partner used a large amount of
white a4 sheets of paper and folded into these tube like shapes and glued together at the edge. When we ﬁnished that we got a strip of paper and wrapped around the bust and waist of mannequin, and a=ached each tube in a line using a stapler. This creates a ‘snow queen’ inspired dress.
Fabric manipula,on experiment 1 This dress was created from a lilac pa=erned kimono/ cardigan and a gold embroidered belt. I cut it up to make it a one shouldered dress that had an asymmetrical hemline. I a=ached the belt along the bust with pins, the gold makes the lilacy colours pop and gives it a Greek goddess look
Fabric manipula,on experiment 2 This denim skirt was created by cuIng out all the pockets out of denim jeans that I could ﬁnd and joining together using pins, all the way around the bo=om of the mannequin to create a mini skirt. This grey t-‐shirt was cut out and braided to create a grungy eﬀect. The braids were pinned to hold together.
Final paper dress experiments For these ﬁnal experiments I used the rolled up tubes of a4 paper from the last paper manipula6on experiment, and made a lot more of them to give the dresses a fuller eﬀect and more extravagant. For the ﬁrst one I made a circle skirt with card and staples and stapled on the paper tubes in rows. I experimented with the skirt and made it into the top half of a one shouldered dress. The second experiment I stapled more paper tubes to two long strips of paper and made it into a low cut top half of a dress on a mannequin and a=ached the skirt to these strips. I really liked these images and have decided to use these for my photo shoot.
Photo-shoot planning: Hair & Makeup This hair and makeup goes with my ﬁnal design as it is white pale makeup, with wild hair but oﬀ the face so it doesn't’t take the a=en6on away from the dress.
Photo-shoot planning: Location & Lighting I plan to do my photo-‐shoot in a photo studio with strong ligh6ng so I can edit the photos with a clear background.
On photo shop I changed the ﬁlter to black and white and cropped it. I changed the vibrancy and added an x ray eﬀect. I got the “LOVE” magazine logo from the internet and a barcode and pasted them to give it a front cover look.