Andy Fisher 85 4th Avenue, Apt. 3EE • New York, NY 10003 • (305) 9513261 • email@example.com
EDUCATION: New York University, New York, NY
• Bachelor of Arts: Journalism & History (2009)
• InMajor GPA: 3.8 Cumulative GPA: 3.5 (Dean’s List Spring 2008)
WORK EXPERIENCE: OpenSky, New York, NY Product Manager
Summer 2009 Present
• Managing development of search, social and ecommerce web products. • Developing workflow processes for an ecommerce concept backed by venture capital. • Directing new ecommerce merchandising tactics for improved user interface experience.
GQ Magazine, New York, NY Editorial Intern
• Performed reporting and research duties for senior writers and editors. • Served as research assistant to writer and editor on special feature project. • Conducted background interviews and prereporting for feature stories.
• Assisted EditorinChief with clerical duties and office administrative tasks. CNN, New York, NY Summer 2007 Production Assistant • • • •
Produced editorial, technical and booking aspects of a live, primetime news program. Researched and wrote questions for anchor and panelists. Conducted preinterviews with onair guests for a nightly hourlong broadcast. Offered position as freelance Editorial Production Assistant at conclusion of internship.
ElephantDrive.com, Los Angeles, CA Freelance Consultant (New York)
• Contributed to product design enhancements for online storage and backup company. • Developed market strategy aimed at student users. • Authored Elephantdrive.com blog posts on issues concerning data backup and storage.
Ford Models, Miami, FL Director, New Faces Division
Summer 2006 Assistant to
• Created a new database for talent scouting. • Developed new promotional concepts to increase scouting opportunities. • Managed daily open call sessions to scout models, photographers and fashion stylists.
Rugby Ralph Lauren, New York, NY Retail Sales Associate
• Merchandised and helped develop seasonal layout design of clothing instore. • Performed all aspects of sales transactions during New York holiday shopping season. • Trained newly hired staff and assisted in grand opening of New Canaan, CT location.
WRITING SAMPLES: • Should We Ditch the Absentee Ballot? selected for publication on NYU LiveWire news service.
• High marks for Capstone Project: The Real Life of an Obama For America Campaign Volunteer. • Oneonone Interview with Tim Weiner, winner of the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award.