UAE Forts: thE GrAndEUr oF thE PAst United Arab Emirates has promptly grown into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It is home to some of the best places to shop, eat, and stay. UAE comprises of seven states that includes Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al Qaiwain. The place boasts of windswept mountains, crazy sand dunes, verdant green parks, vivacious souks, pristine beaches, effervescent forts, and so much more. Let us know what UAE was all about before the emblematic infrastructure, top-quality facilities came in and changed the way we see UAE.
1. White Fort (Al Husn): This fort is considered to be one of the oldest forts in the UAE . It is located in Abu Dhabi and has been very recently restored. Its main purpose was to defend the settlements well in the late eighteenth century. There are two major sections of the fort; one that was erected at the time of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon, whereas the other one was by Sheikh Shakhbut bin Sultan, the brother of Sheikh Zayed.
2. Fujairah Fort: The fort is almost 300 years old and its resilience over the years is accredited to the mountain stone that was used to construct it. It is one of the most distinguished of all historical forts in UAE .
3. Al Jahili Fort: This iconic fort is in the Al Ain area. It was constructed so as to protect the palm groves and the irrigation systems on the gravel plain at the foot of the Hajar Mountains. It was constructed by Sheikh Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan. Additionally, Al Sharqiyya Fort and Al Murabaâ€™a fort were also built.
4. Al Fahidi Fort: This fort is situated on the southern side of Dubai creek and was made in 1787. It acted as the rulerâ€™s residence, an armoury, a lock up, and now is recognised as a museum. It is a major Dubai tourism spot.
5. Dhayah Fort: This fort is located in Ras Al Khaimah. It is one of the most important ones in the region. It was used to keep an eye on the waters for invaders. A large number of historiographers believe that the fort was built by the ruling Al Qawasim family.
The forts were largely built for defence purposes, but today they serve as one of the most notable aspects of UAE tourism. They are truly a fundamental part of the local architectural legacy and tradition that must be preserved and maintained for generations to come. The article talks about what UAE was all about before the emblematic infrastructure, top-quality facilities came in and changed the way we see UAE.
Author Bio: Salma Shaikh From Dubai Desert Safari Tours: Experience the cultural diversity on our magnificent Dubai City Tour. Get to see all beautiful places, shop in souks and take a cruise with our Dubai city tour packages
The article talks about what UAE was all about before the emblematic infrastructure, top-quality facilities came in and changed the way we s...