ABOUT SEISMOS (BY GEOPROCESADOS) Seismos combines experience, quality and customized workflows from a specialized processing center with competitive prices and advanced technologies like the leading companies. Seismos offers fully integrated solutions that create more value from your seismic data investment, increase productivity, reduce cycle times and lower risks.
BACKGROUND AND HISTORY Geoprocesados was founded in 1999 in Mexico, and has worked non-stop with Pemex since then. In 2010 Geoprocesados concluded an agreement to purchase the Geophysical Services Division of Paradigm Latin America. The agreement transferred the staff and resources, that had been providing Geophysical services in the region for more than 15 years. Seismos is now Geoprocesados’ division for the United States and it continues using Paradigm’s technology and methodologies to deliver quality services and continuous innovation.
CLIENTS - BG GROUP - ECOPETROL - ENAP SIPETROL - GRAN TIERRA ENERGY INC. - HOCOL - PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY - PAN AMERICAN ENERGY - PEMEX - PLUSPETROL - TABASCO OIL COMPANY - TOTAL - YPF - YPFB - YPFB ANDINA S.A
RESOURCES We have human talent, technology and hardware to process any size project with excellent quality and cycle times. 25 Analysts specialized in Processing Depth Imaging, Interpretation, Petrophysics and Modeling 5,000 Intel CPUs in new generation high density servers + 10,240 NVidia GPUs 800 Terabytes in Storage A wide range of software technologies by Paradigm Geophysical plus value niche software as MASTT and Seismic Studio 500 Intel CPUs and 800 terabytes in storage
R&D group to customize & improve workflows
EXPERIENCE/ PROJECTS BY TYPE: PROCESSING & PSTM EXPERIENCE 2012 LAND 3D MARINE 3D MARINE 2D
IMAGING EXPERIENCE 2012 LAND 3D MARINE 3D MARINE 2D
PROCESSING & IMAGING EXPERIENCE 1999-2012 LAND 3D MARINE 3D MARINE 2D
SERVICES SURVEY DESIGN / FEASIBILITY STUDIES Seismic modeling plays an important role in seismic acquisition geometries design and in the simulation of the seismic response that would occur if the target objectives are met. Our seismic modeling and survey design services provide technical solutions to assure that your investment in seismic acquisition will resolve reservoir imaging challenges and reduce drilling risks. We model and evaluate different acquisition scenarios for ideal cost-benefit target coverage using advanced software for ray tracing and finite difference modeling.
PROCESSING & IMAGING
*1) Pre-processing and Data Conditioning
Seismos brings together human resources, hardware and technology to build custom workflows based in the needs of our clients. Seismos offers the following advanced methodologies: 1) Pre-processing and Data Conditioning This is the cornerstone of any imaging or reservoir characterization project. Seismos workflows include advanced technologies for static correction, deconvolution and wavelet shaping, demultiple (2D and 3D SRME), trace interpolation, dip moveout, noise suppression and signal enhancement. 2) Prestack time migration ( PSTM ) Seismos offers a fast and reliable Kirchhoff PSTM that combines improved structural imaging with amplitude preservation of pre stack data that could be used for AVO, inversion and subsequent reservoir characterization.
*2) Prestack time migration ( PSTM )
3) Advanced imaging in depth domain Depth Imaging is the preferred seismic imaging tool for today’s most challenging exploration & reservoir-delineation projects. In areas of structural or seismic velocity model complexity, many of the assumptions underpinning traditional time-domain processing are invalid and can produce misleading results. Seismos offers different solutions for depth imaging as Kirchhoff Migration, Common Reflection Angle Migration (CRAM), Reverse Time Migration (RTM) and Full Azimuth Imaging (ES360) based in Paradigm’s ES 360.
FOR COMPLEX SALT PROJECTS, WE ALSO OFFER A UNIQUE INTEGRATION OF NON-SEISMIC DATA (GRAVITY, MAGNETIC, MAGNETOTELLURICS) IN THE CYCLE OF ITERATIVE DEPTH MIGRATION.
*3) Advanced imaging in depth domain
All of our workflows include advanced velocity tools (Geodepth and Gocad/SKUA) with full support for anisotropic velocity model determinations, including both vertical axis of symmetry (VTI) and tilted axis of symmetry (TTI). Anisotropic multi-azimuth tomography is also used for Full azimuth imaging projects. 4) Kirchhoff Migration The Kirchhoff Migration is the most commonly used migration for depth processing. It is particularly attractive due to its speed and targetoriented capability, which enables efficient velocity model building and updating. In addition, the Kirchhoff migration offers adaptability to irregular acquisition geometries, and flexibility in handling anisotropic and converted wave velocity models and surface topography. 5) CRAM CRAM is an anisotropic multi-arrival solution that uses the entire waveﬁeld, making it ideal for solving complex imaging objectives. CRAM performs imaging in the local angle domain to achieve uniform illumination from all angles and all azimuths, producing amplitude-preserved, and angle-dependent reflectivity gathers. These outputs are ideally suited for velocity model determination and amplitude analysis. CRAM can be utilized to provide fast, targetoriented solutions for local analysis, and can also be used for imaging on a regional scale.
For reservoir characterization porpoises CRAM generates conventional reflection angle gathers without azimuth dependency. These gathers can be used in standard interpretation systems for accurate velocity model building and amplitude inversion (AVA). *5) CRAM
6) RTM Reverse time migration belongs to the class of two-wave full wave migration solutions. Rather than performing imaging by extrapolating the data in depth, as in traditional one-way full wave solutions, the method solves the wave equation forward in time for the source modeling field and backwards in time for the recorded receiver field for that specific shot. Reverse Time Migration (RTM) is a preferred solution for imaging seismic data in areas of complex wave phenomena. It is able to handle the most severe combinations of structural dip with high velocity contrast, conditions common in salt basins and other geologic basins with complex structures and velocity distributions. *6) RTM
7) Full azimuth imaging – ES 360*
EarthStudy 360 is designed to deliver to both depth imaging processing experts and interpretation specialists a complete set of data that enables them to obtain accurate subsurface velocity models, structural attributes, medium properties, and reservoir characteristics. The system extracts unprecedented value from all modern and legacy seismic data acquisitions, especially those with wide and rich azimuth and long offset, in both marine and land environments, including unconventional shale plays. EarthStudy 360 is a brand new invention designed to image, characterize, visualize and interpret the total seismic wavefield, and provide previously unattainable levels of subsurface knowledge. It has successfully undergone full-scale studies and field trials in a number of geological and structural environments. The rich information from all angles and azimuths significantly reduces uncertainty and ensures more reliable analysis. It is a major step towards a full seismic data analysis system with rich deliverables and extremely high levels of user interaction and QC at any state in the workflow.
EarthStudy 360 maximizes the information that can be extracted from recorded seismic data. The system creates a wealth of seismic image data, decomposed into full-azimuth angle-dependent reflectivities and directional (dip and azimuth) data components that can be selectively sampled, creatively combined, dynamically visualized, and further processed to secure images of the subsurface. These images can reveal the information needed for velocity model determination, and provide details regarding the presence of micro-fractures, the orientation of faults and fractures, the influence of anisotropy, the directions of contributing illumination, the elastic properties of target reservoirs, and the boundaries of those reservoirs
*ES 360 and the images related are property of Paradigm Geophysical and Seismos provides services using this technology * “Paradigm and the Paradigm Logo are trademarks of Paradigm B.V.”
Imagine being able to lower a camera into the subsurface of the earth and record a continuous animation that captures the surroundings in all directions and all angles. Paradigm’s new fullazimuth angle domain imaging and analysis system, EarthStudy 360®, is able to emulate this capability by combining a rich bottom-up ray tracing procedure with the fully recorded seismic wavefield.
Seismos offers a wide range of services in the reservoir services division. The main services offered include:
Seismos has integrated different solutions of the portfolio to build specific workflows based in the clientâ€™s needs and challenges. The integrated solutions are focused in the following challenges:
1) Pore pressure prediction
- SHALE PLAYS
Pore Pressure Prediction procedures that use seismic velocity information have had a huge impact on drilling safety, drilling design economics and well construction. Our PPP is a multi-disciplinary procedure and it is more effectively carried out with a technology base and common infrastructure that include seismic data processing, velocity model building, high resolution tomography and depth imaging.
- CARBONATES PLAYS - NATURALLY FRACTURED RESERVOIRS - SPARSE SEISMIC PROJECTS - DEEP WATER PROJECTS
2) Seismic Interpretation & Modeling Our interpretation services offer solutions to gain enough understanding of structure and stratigraphy to develop a virtual earth model of the subsurface. Our structural interpretation and modeling workflows help the interpreter identify the compartments, faults, fault sealing and trapping mechanisms that hold hydrocarbons, and understand the depositional history of the environment in the shortest time possible. These factors help determine the best drilling locations and ultimately the project scope and cost. Our interpretation and modeling services include: Volume Interpretation, Facies Classification, Seismic Attributes, Time to Depth Conversion, Well Log Correlation and others .
3) Reservoir Characterization Seismosâ€™ reservoir characterization workflows have been specially designed to provide reservoir geoscientists with a full continuum of reservoir characterization, modeling and risk assessment solutions, to accelerate and optimize work in mature fields. It also provides exploration geoscientists with integrated solutions that work with direct hydrocarbon indicators in order to locate new prospects and new reservoirs in proven fields. As part of Reservoir Characterization services Seismos offers: Facies Modeling, Reservoir Properties/Geostatistics, AVO / AVA (Z) , Seismic Inversion, Multi-attribute classification, Petrophysics and Electrofacies Analysis.
CONTACT US TO KNOW MORE DETAILS ABOUT OUR CUTTING EDGE WORKFLOWS IN UNCONVENTIONAL RESERVOIRS.
CONTACT Headquarters México (Geoproceados) Av. Paseo Tabasco 1203-1205.Col. Lindavista. Villahermosa, Tabasco.C.P. 86050. MÉXICO. Phone: +52 (993) 352 0734 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston Office (Seismos) 9801 Westheimer Road. Suite 302. Houston, TX. 77042 USA Phone: +1 (713) 917 6748 Email: email@example.com
HOUSTON Buenos Aires Office (Geoprocesados) Calle Humberto Primo 133. Piso 10.C1103ACC. Buenos Aires, Argentina Phone: +54 (115 ) 530 5750 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bolivia Office (Geoprocesados) Calle Quijarro 10. Piso 1, oficina B. Centro. Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia Phone: +59 (13) 3305535 Email: email@example.com
Published on Aug 24, 2012