CELEBRATING 125 YEARS
SHARE YOUR STORY! In honor of Alpha Xi Delta’s 125th anniversary on April 17, 2018, we are collecting stories from our Sisters about their Alpha Xi Delta experience. Why stories? Alpha Xi Delta would not be the bold, inspiring organization it is today without our Sisters who have shaped our dear Fraternity into a home for more than 175,000 women. Every member is a unique piece that collectively makes up the history of Alpha Xi Delta. To celebrate our 125 years of history, Alpha Xi Delta wants to share the stories of our members, our history. Any member of Alpha Xi Delta in good standing is welcomed to share their story. You can share your story by submitting it via our website at alphaxidelta.org/shareyourstory or via email by contacting email@example.com.
As far as what to share, we want it all! Share your best memories, your heart-sunshine moments, your funniest stories and more. Don’t be afraid to be real, raw or creative. Everyone has a story to tell, but we know sometimes it’s hard to get started. Here are a few prompts to get the creative juices flowing.
• What made you want to join Alpha Xi Delta?
• Did you attend a leadership program or recruitment training? Are you still in contact with Sisters from a different chapter you met while attending that event?
• Everyone remembers that special Bid Day feeling. What was yours like?
• Did you try something new because a Sister encouraged you? What was it?
• Are you an Alpha Xi Delta volunteer? What’s that experience been like for you? What are you most proud of in your volunteer role?
• Did you meet your significant other because of Alpha Xi Delta?
• How has Alpha Xi Delta changed your life?
• Did Alpha Xi Delta inspire you to pursue a particular career path? • Have you attended National Convention? What was that experience like for you?
• If you had to describe Alpha Xi Delta to someone outside of our organization, what would you say? • Have you sparked a passion for philanthropy because of Alpha Xi Delta? • Are you an Alpha Xi Delta Foundation scholarship or grant recipient? How did that impact your life?
We look forward to hearing from you! There’s no set word limit for submissions, but please try to keep it to less than 1,000 words. If you’d prefer your story to run anonymously, please note that in your submission.
/ Winter 2017-18