S E C T I O N 1 2 : Our Financial Review
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REP ORT 2018
A B O U T T H I S R E P O RT IN THIS SECTION The notes to the financial statements within sections A to F include information that is considered relevant and material to assist the reader in understanding changes in Alliance Groups financial position or performance. Information is considered material if:
- the amount is significant because of its size and nature;
- it is important for understanding the results of Alliance;
- it helps explain changes in Allianceâ€™s business; or
- it relates to an aspect of Allianceâ€™s operations that is important to future performance.
REP ORTING ENTIT Y Alliance Group Limited is a for-profit entity domiciled in New Zealand and registered under the Companies Act 1993 and the Co operative Companies Act 1996. The company is an FMC Entity in terms of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and prepares its financial statements in accordance with this Act and the Financial Reporting Act 2013. The consolidated financial statements are for Alliance Group Limited and its subsidiaries (together referred to as "Alliance") and Allianceâ€™s interests in associates as at and for the year ended 30 September 2018. Alliance is primarily involved in meat processing and export sales. S TAT E M E N T O F C O M P L I A N C E A N D B A S I S O F P R E PA R AT I O N The financial statements have been prepared:
- i n accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) in New Zealand and comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the New Zealand equivalents (NZ IFRS), as appropriate for a for-profit entity;
- o n the basis of going concern. The directors, having considered projected future performance and the availability of financing, consider the going concern basis to be appropriate; and
- i n New Zealand dollars, with all values rounded to the nearest thousand dollars unless otherwise stated.
In preparing the Group financial statements, all material intragroup transactions, balances, income and expenses have been eliminated. Subsidiaries are consolidated on the date on which control is obtained to the date on which control is lost.