BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN Module Code Module Title
OUGD203 Stuido Brief One - Colaborative Practice Stuido Brief Two - Product, Range & Distribution.
END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION NAME Alex Slippens
1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
In the YCN brief the main skill that I developed was deffinatly work with someone else. Two peoples ideas and trying to channel them into in an good concept, I found this tricky at times due to time management. But I think that through that studio brief I found myself becoming more comfortable working with someone else, I liked the positives of having another pair of hands. The Second Studio Brief I have a delveloped the understand and the skill to turn a single design into a range. The session at the beinging of the brief were really useful and helped in my understanding of delevoping a range.
2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? The YCN brief I took some design production ideas from previous print module to tackle the logo. Having many intial ideas really helped in the process. And when It came to Ben I deciding which logo to go for, there were apects of design which could be adapted from a few logo ideas. The second studio the design were heavily controled on the audience. Becasue London is a such as big place the distrubution of the campaign had to hit the taget market. When in the design production this was a main factor to the range. 3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think the YCN brief strengths was that we came out with a creative and different outlook of the product. The Part 2 Studio brief strengths were the colours, after a huge struggle with developing colours that compliement well with each other on the page. I problem I had was that there were too many colours I have been used to working with maxium 2 colours + stock.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? Even though the a strengh of the work was the compeletly new look. I think it could also be seen as a weakness. After looking back a the oringal brief, I think they were looking for somthing a bit simple more simlier nearer to the their oringal brand. The weakness I idenitfied wasnt so much in the design was but in the process. It was a mamouth task at the start I had to organise what was most important to produce, and simplify the campaign, not only so I had an understanding but I could give the onlooker a good understanding of the product and the range.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Create a workload that is manageable and limit some ideas. Otherwise some important apects of the work can be missed. 2. In the next breif I would like to use the print facillities in the collage to that I have a series of well produced deleverables. 3. Again time mangement comes on this list its something that in the next brief im going to really make sure I stick to a timetable 4. Have more confidence in my work.
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: (please indicate using an â€˜xâ€™) 5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor 1 2 Attendance Punctuality Motivation Commitment Quantity of work produced Quality of work produced Contribution to the group
4 X X X X
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.