The Magnolia Park Church of Christ was started in the 1950’s. It got its beginning when Bro. Franklin McGill ran a tent meeting for a month in the city of Opa-Locka, Florida. Several souls were baptized, and when the meeting was over Bro. Richard E. Payne was sent to be the minister. They began worshipping in a small storefront on the south-side of Ali-baba Avenue. Later, as the congregation grew, they moved to a larger storefront on the north-side of Ali-baba Avenue. Bro. Payne worked diligently with the members for several years. He eventually left Magnolia Park to work with another congregation.
In June 1958, Bro. O. L. Lamar became the minister.
He and his wife worked
long and hard with the saints at Magnolia Park, and as a result of their efforts, property was purchased and a building was erected on this present site. As time passed, the congregation purchased a small house on the east side of the building and it was used for classrooms. The congregation also purchased the
Church • One Love • One Vision • One Purpose •
The Campaign booklet designed for the Magnolia Park Church of Christ.