Rent Apartment in Albania Albania Holiday Rent Apartment
Rent Apartment in Albania TIRANA is the capital of Albania and also the biggest center of the country as political, economic and cultural. It is located in a very favorable position in the middle of the country located at a height of 113 meters above sea level. Tirana has Adriatic Sea to the west and Durres is only 32 km away with the great beach and popular places for summer. Also in the east the mountain of Dajtit 1612 meters high is only 26 km away.
The city of Tirana is relatively new and It was founded in 1614 by Sulejman Pasha Bargjini, a feudal home, which at that time in the place where now stands the monument of the Unknown Partizan built a mosque, and an oven which were there before new city. In 1816 the city fell into the hands of family Toptanâ€˜ve. The most important event in Tirana is 11 February 1920, when the Congress of Lushnja proclaimed it the provisional capital of Albania, the final status as the capital, Tirana get it in 1925. After this act the city had a constant growth. Tirana Center was designed by renowned Italian architect of the Mussolini period. Tirana major boulevard Martyrs of the Nation was built in 1930, while the central square Skanderbeg during 1928 -1929. In 1968, within the 500 anniversary of the death of national hero his monument was located in the city center. In 1988 in Skanderbeg Square was set the Stalinist dictator monument of Enver Hoxha, but on 20 February 1991 it was toppling by the students and the people of Tirana. In Tirana there are institutions such as the Palace of Congress, International Cultural Centre, Palace of Culture Theatre of Opera and Ballet, Sky Ă? Tower etc. and government buildings of the Council of Ministers, the Presidency and Parliament. In south Ă? east of the city Tirana has several parks like the Youth Park, Park near the Parliament, but the biggest and the most important one is the National Lake Park of Tirana. Tirana in Albania is the main center for organizing conventions, conferences and seminars. Durres. It is Albania's second large city by size and also the most important largest port of the country. Durres is one of the oldest cities in Albania with a long history. Durres is established in 627 B.C of colonists coming from Corcyra and Corinth on lands Taulant's Illyrian tribe. Initially it was known Dyhrrahium and then Epidamnus (according to the nephew Epidamnos mythology). Durres was transformed into residence of Illyrian king Glauk of Taulants and then his sons Mytilit and Monunit. It is to be mentioned the fact that the city had its own constitution in the year 314 B.C. The city was conquered by the Macedonian Cassander while in 229 B.C. he was captured by the Romans. During the Roman period they were built amphitheater, water supply etc. After the fall of the Roman Empire Durres knew barbarian invasions such as those of Alaric of the Visigoths in the year 40 and then Valamirit Ostrogoths. During the Byzantine Emperor Anastasios originating from Durres city they were built many temples, the hippodrome and numerous walls. During ages 7-12 he was the most significant port of the eastern Adriatic. In 1501 in Durres was occupied by the Ottomans. After this act the city started to fall and lose importance until the November 1912 when Durres was chosen to be the city of declaration of independence from Ottoman Empire. This decision was changed because of the danger
coming from Kingdom of Serbia, and the declaration was made in Vlore City. The day after the declaration of independence of Albania in Vlore, Durres was occupied by Serbian and it was under them until April 1913.
Today the city of Durres is the biggest beach and the most popular of the country, which is a sandy and shallow beach, a fact which makes quite the favorite city for family vacations. In Durres was found rather object precisely important that comprise potentially very favorable for cultural tourism such as : Amphitheater of Durres (see archeology), the Byzantine Forum, Archaeological Museum where are presented periods of Greek and Roman, Torra the Venice tower, The Mosque of Fatih, Monument of Resistance which was dedicated against invading of Italian fascist on April 7, 1939, Ethnographic Museum etc. Connected through its port with the Italian cities Bari, Ancona and Trieste. Vlora is the second port of the country and one of the biggest cities of Albania and important. The distance from the capital is about 130 km from the International Airport Mother Teresa 120 km. This city dates back to antiquity in century VI BC when was called Aulon. In the city center, close to Flag Square, were found fragments of massive walls surrounding Aulona. In 1081, the city fell under Norman. In the fourteenth century was involved in Kingdom of Arber under Balsa (Balshaj prince-I). In 1417 it was conquered by the Ottomans. In 1812, the city fell into the hands of Ali Pasha and a century later, on 28
November 1912, became the first capital of independent Albania, the government headed by Ismail Qemal. Objects of interest in the city of Vlora are the museum of Independence (set up in the former headquarters of the first government), the History and Ethnography museums. Among the note worthy religious objects as Muradie Mosque, built in 1542 by the chief architect of the Ottoman Empire Mimar Sinan (Architect Sinan), who had Albanian origin. On a hill above the city is the dominant religious point of Father Kuzum object of the Bektashi sect, hfrom this point you have a beautiful and magnificent view of the city of Vlora, Karaburun peninsula, Sazan Island and the lagoon of Narta. Saranda is the gateway to the southern Albania, is a small town of about 40.000 inhabitants (2015 est.), situated on a beautiful horseshoe bay between a mountains and the Ionian Sea. The name Saranda derives from an early Christian monastery dedicated to Forty Saints. Situated opposite of Corfu island. Saranda is an old town, first settled by the Illyrian tribe of Chaonians who named it Onchesmus. Cicero mentions it as convenient harbor with favorable winds. The bay on which town is build gives Saranda its charming look, that can be better appreciated if approached from the sea. Many mosaics found in the town confirm that the town must have seen some above average development around 2nd and 3rd century AD. Saranda is often visited by day trippers who come to enjoy this previously inaccessible resort. There are daily ferry services to and from Corfu available. Saranda The sea panorama, the variety of flora, favored by the soft climate and warm sea waters, make Saranda the preferred center for rest and recreation and an important tourist town. Honeymooners traditionally spend their holidays here. Saranda has an excellent climate, averaging 290 sunny days a year. In the summer temperatures rarely exceed 30 degrees during the day, while the sea breeze at night is quite refreshing. Point of interest to visit in Saranda are the Butrinti archeological site the most important archeological site in Albania, Lekursi Castle with glamorous view over Saranda Bay and Corfu island, Blue Eye Spring Natural Park, Ksamil- the picturesque village of Saranda, Finiq Archeological site of the old city of Foinike and the Forty Saints Monastery.
Rent Apartment in Albania
Albania Holiday Rent Apartment
Touristic Attractions in Tirana Clock Tower of Tirana
It was built in 1822. There are 90 degree spiral stairs. It is 35 meters high and up to 1970 has been the highest building in the capital. Originally had a bell brought from Venice who fall for each hour. Dome located on top gives it a type architecture like San Marco. In 1928 the Municipality of Tirana bought a watch from Germany.
This hour was destroyed during World War II and was replaced in 1946 with bringing the church clock of Shkodra, which had Roman figures. The clock tower is open to tourists since 1996. It is also the symbol of the emblem of the municipality.
Ethem Bey Mosque
Situated in the center of Tirana. It started to be built in 1798 and was completed in 1821. It is one of the cases of Albanian tradition in architecture of mosques. Striking carved painted.
It is a small stone bridge located on the Boulevard Jeanne d'Arc The bridge has a height of 7.5 meters. It is also known as St. George's Bridge. It is a cultural monument restored, the building belongs to the first half of XIX century.
Mosaic of Tirana
Is the oldest building of the city of Tirana, which has been part of the floor of a Roman villa in the III century. Later this place has served to build a church Paleo-Christian. He is also called Kroi Mosaic Church of St. George.
National History Museum
It is the most important object in the museum across the country. The New inaugurated in 1981 he presents his booth summarized the history of the Albanian people since the middle Paleolithic period up to the present day. It keeps the original artwork from antiquity until today. Besides pavilions of ancient, medieval, national rebirth, independence, world wars, etc., there is also wards iconography, dictatorship and ethnography. National History Museum stored objects unique as the epitaph Gllavenicas created on domestic sources in
1373, which is a stitch large gold thread and silver silk, which represents Christ, the bust of Deas (goddess of Butrint, now identified with the head Apollo), etc. the Beauty of Durres mosaic. The facade of the National Historical Museum have the mosaic Albania, which is the largest in the country.
Archaeological Museum of Tirana
Situated in the Mother Teresa square. It was inaugurated in 1948. There are exhibited objects that belong to the period from prehistory to the Middle Ages.
Rent Apartment in Albania
Albania Holiday Rent Apartment
Touristic Attractions in Durres Bashtova Castle
Bashtova Castle is situated close to the village of Bashtova, about 3-4 km north of the Shkumbin River estuary. It was the castle built in the 15th century CE and was used by the Venetians. In the past, the region Bashtova was known as a harbor on the Shkumbini River and as a center for the export of cereal grains. The castle has a
rectangular shape, 60 x 90 Meters, with 9 meter high walls. The western part of the castle was rebuilt in the 18th century CE.
Castle of Rodon
Castle Rodon. Located in Cape Rodon. Prince Karl Topia wanted to turn this country into a shipyard, while our national hero Skanderbeg aiming to have an outlet to the sea near a castle raised here. This castle began to rise after the first siege of Kruje in 1450. Its ending is estimated to be around 1452. The castle wall reach a length of 400 meters and at its peak had towers roundtables. In domestic sources in 1500 the castle was occupied by the Venetians. As a result of sea activities abrasive part of the walls are submerged under the waters of the Adriatic. Today visitors can watch the outer wall of the right side, which conclude with a round tower. Near the castle are the ruins of the Church of St. Peter, considered by people as a shrine.
Mosaic and Basilica Arapajt
Situated on a hill in the village Arapaj south of Durres. This is an early Christian basilica of the VI century .A.D. The share of domestic sources discovered in 1974 is part of a monumental building. It belonged to the basilica of St. Michael church burned by the Normans. One of the latter's famous mosaic found in Arapaj with an area of 50 square meters. This is one of the biggest mosaics of Albania and the Balkans. Mosaic emblem consists of two pastoral motifs. To ensure the protection of this mosaic to atmospheric agents, latter was covered with plastic mesh and to visit him you need to have a special permission from the Institute of Cultural Monuments.
Beauty of Durres
It is the oldest mosaic discovered in Albania so far. There are size 5.1 X 3m and is conducted with multicolored pebbles. In the center is enlarged head of a woman, which surround the lily flower shoots, bell flowers and rosettes, which also cover the entire surface of the mosaic elliptical. All are painted with different colors and stones background is black.
Rent Apartment in Albania
Albania Holiday Rent Apartment
Touristic Attractions in Vlora Borsh Castle
Borsh Castle (or Castle of Sopot as known in history) is located on a hill in the village Borsh which is 500 m above sea level and dates back about IV-III century B.C. Sopot hills, upon which the castle is located north of the village Borshi and west of Fterres. Its surface is rocky. On the western mountain forms some natural
terraces, which look a surplus number of medieval buildings. Walls of ancient garbage seem the southwest side in a length of about 10 meters and a height of 1.33 m. In the face of the town, were found fragments of vessels with black lacquer, fourth century BC (first period). The second period, which runs from mid-century. IV by mid-first century BC, marks the biggest development of the town. The stones are made in the form of such external site to be swollen, while other sites are flat that provides for the walls of Butrint techniques.
Castle of Kanina
Kanina Castle is located 6 km away from the city of Vlora. This castle is mentioned in the fourth century. However there are traces from the Illyrian period. It thought that was built in Century III. Traces of subsequent periods are the Byzantine, Venetian and Turkish. The castle was rebuilt by Justinian in the V century and repaired by Sultan Suleiman in 1531. The Castle is perched atop a hill, 380 meters above sea level. It has an area of 3.6 hectares. From here opens a pretty nice to Vlore and its breast. In all fortification system distinguish several stages of construction spanning two periods, in the period and in that ancient medieval period. We have remnants of ancient Illyrian walls, traces of which were found in all parts of the castle. We have used the Illyrian wall system square izodomik. We have late antiquity contouring reconstruction of the castle walls. Here we are dealing with a wall built with the technique opus mixtum. Middle age as the earliest it further, is represented with the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the wall contouring. We stages of medieval wall is built mainly of average raw stones and antique reuse blocks connected with lime mortar. We contouring walls medieval period we have reinforcements towers, with different shapes. Besides the siege of the fortification in the territory of the inner castle at all points, they were discovered Building walls, which, although damaged, allowing us to capture trace layout and get some idea of housing on the form of this center in ancient times. Territory within the castle are discovered and other construction elements, such as the cobblestone street, strera channels.
Cave Haji Ali
Haji Ali’s Cave is located in the Karaburun peninsula .Flats safest of Haji Ali Ulqinaku is rock , which bears his name. Is the largest cave of the Albanian coast, with an entrance height 60 m above sea level. This cave is located at the northwest corner of Cape Gjuhez .According to historians , this cave has the old Illyrian caves . Illyrian caves used by the famous naval, ulqinakasi , Haji Ali , is an interesting witness of history . By entering inland lake in the form displayed an elliptical with the axis of the great run of entry . Hall has an extension length of 60 m orientated NW – SE and the width of the base (above sea level) about 40 m wide at the point. In the whole cave is about 100 m .Internal depth of the lake reaches 10.4 m to the side NE past the cave. In rocky screens appear opposite the entrance hall stalactites steep potential origin organogenic or nausea. At its entrance are found fragments of ancient amphora first centuries of our era. This cave has repeatedly drawn the attention of Albanian and foreign seafarers. Albanian brave naval Haji Ali used it as shelter by foreign vessels clashed with robbery, which tried to enter the Gulf of Vlora or steal cattle piratisht benchmarks in Karaburun .Circa 1540th – 1545 , was used by pirates fringj to be protected as well say toponyms cave.
Archaeological Park Amantia
Amantia city has developed in a hilly area. It is rooted in the fourth century B.C., the data proved that it was an important center. Developed in the hilly area at the feet of the mountain, the ancient city has been fortified with walls. But unlike the other centers belonging to this period, the city of Amantia has overcome this dimension fortification, looking and finding out walls stretch around the acropolis. Amantia breathtaking change was observed in the buildings, public buildings, these buildings are situated not in the fertile soil beside the river, but in the height of hills within squares or terraces, which were surrounded by walls. Fortified Amantia acropolis there were around 220m. The plateau of rocky slope above various of its websites has forced builders to adapt wall construction techniques and directing them toward the country. Walls found amounted to 28m and while carrying a height of up to 8m. The builders of these ancient works have hewn rock where polygonal blocks were set. A gateway to the Acropolis has been the form of a bow. Its dimensions are 2.20m long, 0.12m wide, 0.11m deep. The gates on the acropolis of the line's general Amantias described such, they closed with a false arch. Data for Amantia Archaeological Park has an area of 15 hectares and is situated on the top of the hill to the village of Ploce.
Rent Apartment in Albania Albania Holiday Rent Apartment
Touristic Attractions in Saranda Butrinti archeological park Butrint National Park is created in November 2000 and located in south part of Albania just 15 km from Saranda.
landscape, archaeology and environment. The park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the most important archaeological sites in the country and it contain different artifacts and structures which date from the Bronze Age until the 19th century. A number of major monuments are still extant including the city walls, great basilica, late-antique baptistery, Venetian castles and theatre. In addition to archaeological remains the site is robed by natural woodland with a complex ecosystem which depends on the nearby freshwater Lake Butrint and Vivari Channel which drains the lake into the Ionian Sea. It is this combination of natural environment and historic monuments that makes Butrint such a unique place.
Lekursi Castle Lekursi Castle was built in the early 16th century by Sultan Sulejmani and is located on the top of Lekures hill looking over Saranda Bay. It's located about 3-4 km away from the center of Saranda.
The castle was initially built to protect the city of Saranda from invaders accessing the coastline by boats. From the castle you have great views of Corfu island. The road leading up to the castle is in great. In the summer the castle is sometimes used as a small concert venue and sometimes as a bar & restaurant where usually are organized Albanian nights with live Albanian music and dancing with amazing traditional Albanian food.
Blue Eye Spring This natural, deep spring embodies the clear, vibrant blue color which is seen in many of Albaniaâ€™s water bodies. The way in which the water bubbles up to the surface helps create the illusion of an eye, with the dark-colored center as the pupil, and the surrounding blue water appearing as the iris. The spring is reported to be about 50 meters deep, but some say it goes even further. During Albania's communist days, the Blue Eye was one of several places reserved only for the communist elite to visit, and was kept off-limits to the general public. The Blue Eye or Syri i Kalter as it is known in Albania, is located just off the road between Saranda and Ghiorgnzzati. If you are driving from Saranda towards Ghiorgnzzati the turn will be on your left-hand side, about eight miles from Saranda.
Ksamil Is a picturesque village located only 12 km from Saranda city. Ksamil is a former municipality in the riviera of Southern Albania, and part of Butrint National Park. At the 2015 local government reform it became a subdivision of the municipality Saranda. The population in 2011 census was 2,994. The coastal village, built in 1966. Local and foreign tourists have Ksamil as an destination point in Albania from many years now, and lately it became one of the most frequented coastal resorts. Albania's Jonian Coast and Ksamil Beach further north was included in the Guardian's 20 of the best bargain beach holidays for 2013. The main attractions in Ksamil are the white sandy beaches in Caribbean style with islands in front.
Finiq Visit Finiq by following the Sarande Gjirokaster national road. Here you can see evidence of life from during the Bronze Ages, but also the remnants of a town which developed mostly during the 2nd century BC, but continued into the 5th and 6th centuries BC, with the greatest amount of development during the 2nd century BC.
Finiq was the most fortified town of the Illyrian tribe of the Chaonians. It had merchant connections with cities as far as Corinth and Syracuse, which was proved by coins found during excavations. 233 BC Finiq became the center of the Epirote league. In 230 BC, the Ardians (another Illyrian tribe) invaded from the North, then took slaves and war trophies and left. This is where the Treaty of Finiq took place, an agreement between Rome and Philip of Macedon which ended the First Macedonian War. In 168 BC the Romans invaded and took over Finiq. The amphitheater of Phoenike was one of the biggest during its time.
Forty Saints Monastery. The 40 Saints Monastery refers to the same story where modern Saranda got it's name from. This monastery was built in the 6th century, then was modified over a period of several hundred years. It is comprised of two levels, but the upper one was destroyed in WWII. The monastery was built in honor of 40 Christian martyrs (Roman Soldiers) who were sent to their death in Siberia when they wouldn't renounce their religion. Visitors can enter the crypt with permission from the town hall in Saranda.