CIS 502 Week 7 Case Study 3 Mobile Devices Security (2 Papers) To Purchase This Material Click below Link http://www.cis502mentor.com/product-34-CIS-502-Week7-Case-Study-3-Mobile-Devices-Security-(2-Papers)
FOR MORE CLASSES VISIT www.cis502mentor.com CIS 502 Week 7 Case Study 3 â€“ Strayer New
Case Study 3: Mobile Devices Security
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
The use of mobile devices is prevalent and growing rapidly as users heavily depend on them. Unfortunately, attackers follow the money and user population. In addition, mobile devices do not receive patches for their vulnerabilities. The Zeus-in-theMobile (ZitMo) attack against Android users is an example defeating the emerging technology to steal userâ€™s credentials and ultimately money. Mobile devices can also spread malware.
Read the article titled, “Mobile device attacks surge”, located at http://www.treasuryandrisk.com/2011/02/08/pr-mobiledevice-attacks-surge, and FIPS 140-2 Security Policy, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/1401/140sp/140sp1648.pdf. In addition, read the report titled, “Emerging Cyber Threats 2012”, located at http://www.gtisc.gatech.edu/doc/emerging_cyber_threats_rep ort2012.pdf.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the emerging cybersecurity issues and vulnerabilities presented in the “Emerging Cyber Threats 2012” report.
2. Analyze vulnerabilities of mobile devices in regard to usability and scale based on your research and suggest methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities of mobile devices.
3. Assess and describe the value of cryptography and encryption in regard to Equifax’s approach to implementing stronger security policies around mobile devices.
4. Justify Gunter Ollmann’s comments about Zeus-in-theMobile (ZitMo) and describe the implications of advanced security breaches such as this.
5. Several challenges of controlling information online are set forth in the section of the article titled, “Controlling Information Online – A New Frontier in Information Security”. Determine what you believe is the greatest challenge in regard to controlling information online.
6. Justify Dan Kuykendall’s statement about the biggest issue with mobile browsers and give two (2) examples illustrating his point.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
Explain access control methods and attacks.
Describe the applications and uses of cryptography and encryption.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.