WEEK 7 4 Fenton Crescent, Frankston South VIC 3199
Brief & progress
• extention & remodeling the interior. • change damaged frame, improve structural members such as beams. • 2 months progress, a bit of delay due to the glass window manufacturing. • Framing of the house has been completed. • Basic piping and electrical wiring has been installed. • upper floor will be common area such as the study and kitchen. • bedrooms all located downstairs
• exposed timber framing and wiring. • tiled floor
smart use of PVC pipe painted firetruck red to hide wires.
Some of the wires are hidden in the walls
existing floor. will be covered with bluestone tiles.
• new and existing timber framing • some faults on old framing such as rotten materials and incorrect spacing were replace & reinforced. • insulation within the wall • steel battens are added to reinforce faulty walls.
• screws and bolts are used to connect timber ridges and roof beams. • brackets connect joists to ridges and beams.
• steel post added to the to support a deck at the back of the house. * steel post allow less post to be used which minimise view obstruction • timber posts are added to hold the roof up.
• sliding door will be added here to insulate sound and protect from rain and wind when necessary .