6 Ways To Keep Varicose Veins From Destroying Your Summer
Itâ€™s summer, and youâ€™d love to go bare-legged. If unsightly varicose veins are keeping you out of shorts or skirts, there are natural and non-invasive treatments available to make those bulgy, ugly veins vanish.
Although varicose veins are primarily a cosmetic issue, they can occasionally form life-threatening blood clots. See your doctor immediately if the skin around the varicose veins ulcerates or if you experience pain in the veins.
What Are Varicose Veins ? Have you seen those thickened veins, entangling each other on someone’s legs? Are they making your beautiful legs shabby? Well, those veins are normally known as varicose veins. The word ‘varicose’ is derived from Latin word ‘varix’ that means twisted. Nowadays, varicose veins are a common problem and 1 out of 2 people mostly over the age of fifty are affected with this condition.
It is very easy to recognize varicose veins due to their appearance. They are enlarged, entangled, swollen and palpable on the skin surface. Varicose veins are blue or purple in color and are most often found on the inside the legs and calf often. They originate from several different systems, including the greater saphenous vein, the short saphenous vein, the anterior lateral branch or the high extension branch.
1. Anti-inflammatory diet An anti-inflammatory diet helps increase blood flow and reduces inflammation that causes leaky veins. Eat lots of salad greens and fresh herbs such as basil and parsley, which are natural diuretics. Blood pooling also can result from magnesium deficiency, so you’ll want to make bananas, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, avocados and other magnesium-rich foods part of your daily diet. Avoid salt as much as possible so that your legs — and veins — don’t swell from water retention.
2. Essential oils Essential oils that increase circulation can help your varicose veins and diminish their appearance. Use them in the bath or massage your legs for best results. When massaging, always do so in an upward motion, from the legs toward the heart. Elevate your legs for a while post-massage. Essential oils with circulatory benefits include:
Cypress Geranium Hyssop Lemon Neroli Peppermint Rose Yarrow
3. Herbal remedies
Certain herbs help prevent or lessen chronic venous insufficiency. This condition causes issues with the leg veins that return blood to your heart and may cause or exacerbate varicose veins. Recommended herbs include: Bilberry – choose either an extract or drink a tea made from this herb Butcher’s broom – this herb benefits the circulatory system, tightening the veins and relieving fluid retention Grape seed – contains bioflavonoids that may reduce vein leakage Horse chestnut – while this herb aids chronic venous insufficiency, do not take it if you suffer from kidney or liver disease Sweet clover – a diuretic, sweet clover also contains the blood thinner coumarin, which helps poor blood circulation. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Compression stockings Compression stockings probably arenâ€™t your idea of stylish summer fashion, but they help reduce varicose veins. Theyâ€™re also available in all sorts of colors and patterns, so you can wear a summer dress and disguise your enlarged veins.
5. Laser surgery There are several minimally invasive surgical techniques to get rid of varicose veins, but laser surgery is the only non-invasive option. It works best on spider veins and smaller varicose veins. The success rate is close to that of vein stripping and other surgical procedures, and itâ€™s far easier with few, if any, side effects.
6. Preventing varicose veins Varicose veins aren’t always preventable. Some people have a hereditary predisposition to their development, and they are common in pregnant women. Like gray hair, varicose veins often accompany aging. Those over age 50 have a 50 percent chance of eventually experiencing these knotty veins, with women at higher risk than men. Still, there are ways you can reduce the likelihood of gnarly veins appearing on your legs. These include: Maintaining a proper weight. Overweight people are likely to have varicose veins Avoiding high heels. The unnatural position can prevent veins in the feet and calf from pumping correctly Regular exercise Elevating your legs Wearing loose clothing Getting up regularly if you work at a desk or are otherwise sedentary Using sunscreen on your legs. Sunscreen can prevent spider vein formation.
About Karishma Vein Clinic, Pune Karishma laser & cosmetic clinic in Pune is one of the finest clinic for Varicose vein treatment in Pune. With 3 years of experience & team of expert professionals, the clinic best known as Varicose veins clinic in Pune has already etched a reputation of itself in the treatment of varicose veins. Endovenous laser treatment is a highly advanced technique used to treat patient with varicose vein problem. For more information please log on to http://karishmaveinclinic.com/.
Published on Feb 16, 2017
Varicose Veins Treatment is a specialized treatment available at Karishma Vein Clinic to treat the varicose veins at an affordable cost.