AIRPORT SERVICE QUALITY
Sydney Airport is working closely with airlines to improve the passenger experience and airport operations by prioritizing passengers, airline operating requirements and efficiencies, airport capacity and a service quality culture. This is underpinned by a five-year investment strategy which sets out a pipeline of projects to support these objectives. We have taken a holistic approach to improving our customers’ experience, with areas of focus including security, wayfinding, terminal presentation and customer service.
determine best practice, inform business decisions and drive improvement. What are your wish list destinations for future ASQ Forums? We believe it’s about the journey, not the destination! ASQ Forums provide a great opportunity to collaborate with a broad cross-section of airports and to understand how airports around the world balance business priorities with customer needs in different environments.
Recent improvements include: • T1 improvements program, delivering improved terminal presentation, wayfinding and ambience;
Key facts about Sydney International Airport
• technology such as SmartGates, selfservice check in, automated bag drops and airport apps to streamline the passenger journey;
• Airport code: SYD • Year the airport opened: 1920 • Number of passengers in 2015: Close to 40 million • Number of employees: 380+
• ground access improvements to make it easier to get to and from the airport;
Did you know?
• catering to the growing number of Chinese passengers with translated information, Mandarin speaking Airport Ambassadors and a tailored retail offering; and • improving efficiency through infrastructure improvements such as A380-capable gates, increasing baggage reclaim capacity and an Australian first early bag store.
• Around 29,000 people work across 800 businesses at Sydney Airport. • Sydney Airport invests US$1.5 million a year in the local community, helping charities, local sporting clubs, local schools and other community organizations. • The airport was recently awarded Level Two Airport Carbon Accreditation by ACI.
What is the best thing about being part of the ASQ airport network family? The airport community leverages relationships formed through ACI membership to share knowledge and learn from the experiences of others. It allows us to review information in relation to service quality across a range of airports to ACI WORLD REPORT
ACI World Report - March 2016