2013 Accross College update to the ‘Diamond Ambassadors’
24+ Loans: -‐ For staff where there is no funding available (over 24’s) we can assist with a government learning loan!
Access to funding for staff training and development with the 24+ Student Loan scheme; research shows that on average further education courses provide learners and employers with substantial benefits when they undertake advanced and higher level qualifications.
• From August 2013, Employees aged 24 or above on the first day of their course can obtain an Advanced Learning Loans to support training on a level 3 or above course which includes QCF Certificates and Diplomas, access to HE, A-‐Levels and advanced and higher apprenticeships includes Advanced and Higher Apprenticeship frameworks. • The minimum loan amount is £300 and repayments will only start when the income rises above £21,000 • Employees undertaking education can benefit your business with increased productivity, retention and lower staff turnover. • Training can be tailored to link with previous and planned staff development and appraisal process giving you an educated workforce which will deliver real business benefits.
• Employers will be supported by Accrington & Rossendale College and the National Apprenticeship Service to help their employees access the loans. • Employers can also make individual agreements with their employees about Loan repayment with opportunities for employers to ‘tie in’ employees through various bonus schemes/help to pay off loan on completion ensuring the investment in skills/knowledge remains within the company
Traineeships: -‐ Are you able to offer a work placement to a young person on a Traineeship programme and in return get an eager and motivated trainee member of staff at no cost to you? Here is a little more information on the Accrington and Rossendale College Traineeship offer -‐ a study programme offering high quality training with a work placement: • Placements must be a minimum of 6 weeks but can be 1 or more days as determined by the employer with max. of 5 months • Eligible learners can access Accross bursary and learning support funds • We ask that at the end of the traineeship, the company will offer the student an interview into an apprenticeship, direct employment or signpost to further training and development • Across will provide ‘round the clock’ support from a training support officer.
• English and Maths tuition where required to achieve accreditation from a framework of bite size credit qualifications to develop the underpinning skills needed to progress to a Functional Skills qualification.
Traineeship eligibility criteria:
• 16 – 18 • 19 – 24 yr old in receipt of benefits (Job Centre clients) • Little or no work experience but with potential to be ready for an apprenticeship in 6 months • Unemployed on first day of traineeship • Not yet achieved a full Level 3 qual
Benefits of an Accross traineeship: • Supporting local young people back into employment by providing experience in a vital ‘real life’ work situation • ‘Try before you buy’ – Traineeships offer a company the unique opportunity to thoroughly assess the suitability of a candidate before committing to an employment or apprenticeship contract • The trainee will benefit from the company feedback to aid further development into a future ‘employable individual’
Apprenticeships: -‐ Are you thinking of taking on a new employee? Eligible Employers will receive a £1500 grant from the Government for taking on an Apprentice age 16-‐ 24!
Apprenticeships have been one of the big success stories in recent years, producing confident and capable workers who have the skills they need to contribute to your business. Hiring an apprentice is a proven way to expand your workforce and make your business more competitive:
• Help With Funding -‐ If you take on a 16-‐18 year old apprentice their training is 100% subsidised. • Grants -‐ to encourage new employers to take on apprentices, The National Apprenticeship Service provide Apprenticeship grants of £1500 to employers with up to 1000 employees, who have not taken an apprentice in the last 12 months and who are recruiting 16 to 24 year olds. • Over 130,000 businesses in the UK already offer Apprenticeship places because of the massive benefits brought to their companies and the impact on their bottom line. • Fill Your Skills Gaps -‐ Apprenticeships deliver skills designed around what your business needs. They have the latest training and use the latest technology. • Expand Your Workforce -‐ Apprenticeships offer a cost-‐effective way of expanding your workforce and becoming more competitive. • Track Record -‐ Apprenticeships have been around for so long because they work well. In a recent survey 80% of those employers who have taken on an apprentice agree that they make their workplace more productive
• Support -‐ From helping you recruit capable and enthusiastic youngsters to monitoring their progress, you’ll get as much help as you need to make hiring and training your apprentice as smooth as possible. • Apprentices are smart investments -‐ From a purely financial point of view, hiring and apprentice is one of the better investments a business can make.