Abhayveer Singh Chawla
Contents 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Curriculum Vitae Basic Design Residential Studio Commercial Studio Furniture Design CAD Visual Merchandising Some more.......skills
I am------------- Abhayveer Singh Chawla
Currently in 4th year, 8th semester- Bachelor of Design (ID) at Apeejay Stya University, Sohna 2014, HSC -Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi 2012, SSC -Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
Born on---------- 8th october,1996
Experience 2017-2 month Internship at Transform Design, New Delhi
Where I stand Proficient in AutoCad 2D, Microsoft Office, Hand Drafting, Hand Rendering, Model Making, Sketching.
Residing at------ R-904, New Rajinder nagar New Delhi, 110060 Available on----- Phone: 9711547889 Email: abhaysinghchawla@ gmail.com I speak---------- Hindi, English, Punjabi
Basic knowledge of 3ds Max, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator.
Opportunities I Adhered
Won 2nd prize in â€œReal vs Fakeâ€? product Competition at Auto Expo, Greater Noida, 2016. Worked as an event volunteer with the Indian Federation for Fashion Development for India Runway Week, 2016.
Design Tactics Research, Conceptualization, Detailing.
Academic Exposure Basic Design. Residential Studio. Commercial Studio. Space Planning. Interior construction drawing. Furniture Design. Visual Merchandising.
Auxiliary Experiences Modeling in clay and working on P.O.P scupltures. Wood workshop. Masonry workshop. Photography. Courses of French at Apeejay Stya University. Exploring local crafts of Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.
ABHAYVEER SINGH CHAWLA
Listening to music, Sketching, Gadget frenzy, Gaming, Sports - Love Football, Love to cook, Travel.
The objective was to explore different lines from the surroundings and then establish random patterns using different mediums to understand emotions of different lines.
Study of different types of lines
The intent was to develop a basic knack of what design is, studying various design principles, develop an eye to understand different colours and their emotions, understanding different colour schemes and elements of design.
The objective was to study and understand different colour schemes.
The objective was to develop an eye to understand different colours and their emotions, understanding different colour palettes.
Residential Studio - an aspiring DESIGNERâ€™S STUDY
The objective was to design a study room for a creative architecture student. The concept behind the design is based on an industrial and raw look and feel.
PLANS Layout Plan Site Plan
3D VIEWS 1. Exposed brick work 2. Roman Blinds 3. Drafting Station 4. Tan Leather Chair 5. Teak Study DeskMetal Framework 6. Bracket Lights 7. Blackboard
Battened Door Bracket Lights Study Desk with Ledges Custom drafting Station Bookshelf - old Plumbing Pipes
5 7 1 2
1. BARN STYLE BATTENED DOOR 2. CERAMIC TILES 3. EXPOSED BRICK WORK 4. WAREHOUSE STYLE BRACKET LIGHTS 5. CUSTOM DRAFTING STATION 6. STUDY DESK - CAST IRON STRUCTURE WITH TEAK FINISH TABLE TOP. 7. TAN LEATHER CHAIR
PLANS LAYOUT PLAN
- Studio apartment
1. Bed 2. Seating Area 3. Study Desk 4. Tv unit 5. Kitchenette 6. Closet 7. Bath 8. Planters
The objective was to design a studio apartment for a corporate working bachelor. The concept behind the design is based on the zen philosophy. Clear, Open, Minimal decoration.
1. Wooden Flooring 2. Chrome Strips 3. Cemented Lotus relief pattern
1. Platform Bed 2. Shoji screen door 3. Planters 4. Japanese style floor seating 5. Buddha engraved wood panel
1. wooden louvered venetian blinds 2. wall art 3. wood veneer finishes 4. shoji screen lamps
Residential Studio - Vacation villa (living n dining spaces)
CONCEPT BOARD The concept behind the design is an amalgamation of contemporary and Himachal elements.
This is my thesis project. The objective was to design a living and dining spaces for a vacation villa. The inspiration behind the design was nature and Himachal tradition.
PLANS FLOORING PLAN
Private courtyard 1. Sunken seating 2. Outdoor fireplace 3. Stone boulders 4. Barbeque
1. Basalt stone tiles matt finish
Proposed layout PLAN
Proposed location: Charabra, Himachal Pradesh
CEILING PLAN 1. Gyproc false ceiling 2. HVAC system 3. Pendant lights 4. Recessed lights 5. Smoke detectors 6. Sprinklers
3D VIEWS - Model 1. Living n dining spaces 2. Triple glazed glass walls 3. vegetated roof 4. Pendant lights 5. Buddha sculpture 6. Dining chair with Himchali upholstery
1. Living n dining spaces Buddha sculpture False ceiling Fireplace Living area 2. Private courtyard outdoor fireplace sunken seating Himachali scupltures
- Bar counter The objective was to design a bar counter for a fine dine restuarant. The concept behind the design is based on american colonial architecture with Persian elements. Bold, Strong and Strudy.
1. Wine rack 2. Glass holder 3. Back bar display unit 4. undercounter refrigerators 5. Cement tile counter with persian pattern 6. walnut wood finishes 7. Storage cabinetry 8. Persian style blown glass pendant lights
- Fine dine restuarant The objective was to design a fine dine restuarant. The concept behind the design is based on american colonial architecture with Persian elements.
Proposed LAYOUT PLAN
Royal and Opulent
AMERICAN COLONIAL & PERSIAN CONCEPT 1. Main seating area 2. waiting area 3. Bar 4. Private Seating area 5. Marble floor tiles 6. Traditional Persian Carpet 6. Blown glass pendant lights 7. Gold leaf chandelier
CEILING PLAN FLOORING PLAN
AMERICAN COLONIAL & PERSIAN CONCEPT 1. Main seating area 2. Bar 4. Private Seating area 5. Persian motif jaalis, tiles 6. Traditional Persian Carpet 6. Blown glass pendant lights 7. Gold leaf chandelier
Elevations The objective was to design a king size bed. The concept behind the design is inspired by mughal tradition and architecture. vibrant, elegant and royal.
Plan MUGHAL CONCEPT - mughal architecture inspired arches. - paisley motif wallpaper - mughal inspired inlay designs
- Executive workstation
The objective was to design an executive workstation. The concept behind the design is based on squares and rectangles. Contemporary design.
The objective was to design a wardrobe for a master bedroom. The concept behind the design is inspired by mughal tradition and architecture.
Study desk and chair
- model making...
Office chair Kids bunk bed master bedroom
Kashmiri style chair
Computer Aided Designing (CAD)
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds max....
- window display
The objective was to design a display window for an apparel store.
The concept behind the design is inspired by traditional Indian art and crafts.
- sketching, painting, cartooning.....
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS MY FAMILY / MY FACULTY / MY FRIENDS + CLASSMATES /
I would like to thank all of you. Thank you to the faculty of Apeejay Institute of Design and Apeejay Stya University. I learned so much things from this school. Thank you to my friends for being their for me when I need help and support. The most importantly thank you to my family. Without love and support of my family, this portfolio could not be completed. Thank you all.
Abhayveer Singh chawla
My work over a period of four years.