PORTFOLIO OF AARON SOCHACKI
Aaron J. Sochacki
2017 Central Ave. apt 1409. Charlotte. NC. 28205 704.806.3860 email@example.com
OBJECTIVE licensure & career growth opportunity within creative & innovated design, policy, & management PROFILE Reliable and dedicated. Ready to perform with a passion to learn, serve and help advance the company towards their goals. Consistently leading peers and colleagues by example as contributor, researcher, and designer. Capable at developing efficient uses of technology, industry trends, and innovation to produce quality and creative architecture. Adapt to and successfully responds to ever-changing environments, maintaining goals and critical deadlines throughout all project phases, while able to ensure both quality and accuracy of work. A professional, objective and practical designer able to problem solve the complexities and challenges of all phases of construction. Experience and knowledge in the commercial and residential construction industry with remodels, upfits and renovations. Also, experience with the manual labor side of construction. Possesses a consistently strong work ethic and management skills. Constantly willingness to learn while providing a strong go-to attitude with a eagerness to lead.
*Executive Presentations * Multi-Tasking * Creative Productivity and Performance * Professional and Leadership Skills * Establish Project Design Goals * Maintaining Effective and Productive Client Relations * Aware of Project Strategies & Constraints * Communicate Design Ideas Graphically * Assess Environmental Concerns * Attention to Detail * Strategic Planning
* Revit (7+yrs) * Sketchup (5+yrs) * AutoCAD * Apple and Windows OS * Parallels * Adobe Acrobat * PhotoShop * Illustrator * In-Design *Microsoft Office Products * Google Drive Apps * Dynamo * Grasshopper * Rhino * Podium * Lumion * Enscape * Sefaira * Green Building Studio
FORMAL EDUCATION Bachelor of Architecture (2018-2019) Architecture Design, Theory, & Practice University of North Carolina at Charlotte Advisor: David Thaddeus, FAIA Deborah Ryan, Director of Arch & Urban Design
Team Designer - Envision Charlotte for a Circular CLT Economy. Research strategies for regenerating natural systems, maintain products and materials in use, and waste and pollutions. Location Belmont Neighborhood, CLT. Dean’s List Recipient
Bachelor of Arts in Architecture (2014-2018) Architecture Design, Theory, & Practice University of North Carolina at Charlotte Advisor: Dale Brentrup, AIA, IES
Research Assistant - Daylighting Lab & Energy Performance Lab Research Assistant - Integrated Design Research Lab Teachers Assistant - Environmental Ethics (2015-2018) Cum Laude
Treasurer - Freedom By Design (2016-2017) Project Manager - Freedom By Design (2017-2018) AIAS Active Member and Mentor (2014-2019) Dean’s List Recipient
Certificate of Architectural Draft and Design (2012-2014) Architectural Drafting Skills and Technology Trident Technical College in Charleston, SC Advisor: Gray Craft
Computer Aided Design / Drafting
Graphic Design and Representation
Dean’s List Recipient
Aaron J. Sochacki
2017 Central Ave. apt 1409. Charlotte. NC. 28205 704.806.3860 firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE 2019-present Independent Contractor Advisor: Jennifer Caldwell, AIA 704.200.0568 email@example.com
* Independent Architectural Contractor. Drafting, modeling, and rendering for Caldwell Architecture, PLLC. Performing complete Upfit documentation from construction manuals. Measuring and documenting existing building conditions
2016-2019 Biloba Architecture, PLLC Charlotte. NC. Owner: Ian Patrick, AIA 704.773.4766 firstname.lastname@example.org Erin Patrick, AIA email@example.com
* Intern Architect: Performing a wide variety of duties to include ... Schematic Design & Design Development Project Planning Project & Practice Management Construction & Evaluation Interior Design and Renders Revisions and Submittals Vendors and Rep meetings Building Code Analysis & Life Safety Plans Client meetings Select materials, finishes, Communicate design ideas & systems to clients and contractors On-job-training through Residential & Commercial remodels site visits and plant tours Measure existing building conditions
2017-2018 UNCC School of Architecture Advisor: David Thaddeus, FAIA firstname.lastname@example.org
* 2 years of Revit instructor for entry level Revit taught for advanced students. Developed a syllabus and a curriculum
2017-2018 UNCC Daylight & Energy Laboratory Advisor: Dale Brentrup email@example.com Mona Azarbayjani Ben Frutrell
* Research Assistant. * Teacher Assistant for Dale Brentrupâ€™s Environmental Ethics class Solar and Thermal Studies. Collaboration with Sustainable Integrated Building Systems (SIBS) program for renewable energy, green buildings, energy efficiency. Traveled to New York City for project funding. Shading studies on the 24th and 39th floor of the Duke Energy Complex.
2012-2014 Kiawah Island Golf Resort
* Performing course maintenance and caddy duties while giving the members or guests an exciting time at the club. Inspired by the Landscape & Architecture on the island.
2008-2012 Tank Services & Petroleum Company
* Construction and Petroleum supervisor. Responsibility to include new construction and remodeling, installation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment. Efficient operator of backhoe, track hoe, bobcat skid steer, mini-excavator and forklift.
* Security Forces. Performed duties in TX, CA, UT, FL, and deployments to UAE. Airman First Class responsible for entry/exit, secure aircraft/flight lines, and perimeter patrols/cordons.
United States Air Force
HOBBIES & INTERESTS World traveler Community Volunteer Enthusiastic golfer (5.5 handicap)
01 02 03 04 05
| | | | |
Market, Savannah GA Library, Charlotte NC Greenway, Charlotte NC Arcade, Charlotte NC Tower/Museum, Charlotte NC
Envision CLT, Charlotte NC
The approach, elevation change and context of the Riverwalk were the main qualities of the site. The layers
The Riverwalk Market, Savannah, of hierarchy from the top at GA Bay street level down to the river had to do with spaces in between each layer. From the green spaces of the upper level park moving down to the in-between traffic space, continuing to the Riverwalk building, down to the pedestrian pathway and finally to the boardwalk. There a three degrees of approach, a primary axis from the top level running perpendicular to the river, secondary axis is the riverwalk and the tertiary axis is the boardwalk. The busiest section of the Riverwalk is up river heading Northwest, so the main traffic pattern tends to be adjacent to the site. This reiterates the importance of views up and down river.
01 edu work
Materiality context of Savannah, specifically the Riverwalk District was a constant thought process throughout the design. How the threshold from the new market to the existing brick pavers of the boardwalk connect? The faรงade material should respond to the site surroundings. One can see the layers of time through the existing materials of the Riverwalk. From large stones, many types of centuries old brick, combined with heavy timber. Each structure is unique, and all structures create the essence of what the Riverwalk offers. Views across the river are of plenty due to the boardwalk running parallel to the river so the focus was to design and enhance views up river towards the bridge and down river towards the Atlantic.
North Elevation / Section
South Elevation / Section
A visit to Savannah, Georgia allowed the ability to take extensive notes of the details surrounding the site of the proposed marketplace. Observing a broad array of site conditions, was able to bring back a lot of information to move forward with the studio project.
Level 2 Pub and Terrace NW view
Level 1 Market Alley / Bridge
Level 2 Pub and Terrace
Level 1 Marketplace
Central Avenue Library
A library inspired by the spine of the book.
02 edu work
Greenway Expansion, West end CLT
A proposal for connecting an existing green way to four major green spaces in the West end of Charlotte, NC.
03 edu work
soft natrual path
bioswale As water infiltrates bioswale, sediments and polluntants will be filtered. Replenishing of groundwater occurs. Replenishing of groundwater occurs easier through pervious surfaces.
A cleaner system of water ways by utlitlizing efficient environmental techniques attracts wildlife and increses the lifecylce of the local ecology.
Filtration of water runoff
porous pavers Allows water runoff to be filtered and replenishes the groundwater
Figure / Ground of Charlotte, NC
The Arcade / 3rd Ward, CLT
sw corner view
nw corner view
ballpark site views 20+ stories under 2 stories future 20+
se corner view
4th st ramp
romare bearden park
04 edu work
french 1/4 and Latta Arcade
surrounding elements and views
A study of the typology ‘the arcade’. A 2nd year project located in the heart of Charlotte, next to Romare Bearden Park. The façade was inspired by the Mr. Bearden’s “the block” painting.
elev. 84’ elev. 72’ elev. 60’
elev. 48’ elev. 36’ elev. 18’ elev. 0’
courtyard hotel lower terrace
SW Winds mid day
solar path & winds
” aaron soch
“the block” Romare
section A-A 4th st entrance
open park plaza
05 edu work
Tower / Museum , South end CLT
L D N G
Tower / Museum located on the old Rudisill gold mine in South end Charlotte. A 28-story office tower with the gold mine and a central shaft that taps into the mine.
Convenience Store Renders
Independent work for Caldwell Architecture. New c-store renders to represent material palettes and elevations to clients.
06 recent pro work
07 edu work
Envision CLT / Circular CLT
A C VIEWS:
Aaron James Sochacki 704.806.3860 firstname.lastname@example.org