Types Of Gameplay and Genres 1. Destiny Destiny is an action- adventure, shared- world shooter game which also has a PvP arena by the name of ‘The Crucible’. The game is also classed as an open-world, first-person shooter in a sci-fantasy setting. Destiny has massively multiplayer online elements but the creators don’t class destiny as a ‘MMO’ game. They say the gameplay style is more a ‘’shared-world shooter’’ as it doesn’t have many of the features and characteristics of a MMO game. You can either play destiny alone or with others, content like raids and strikes can only be played with others and not alone.
2. Forza Horizon Forza Horizon is an open-road, action racing game based around the Horizon Festival, a made up street racing festival. The game also includes various different gameplay types from previous Forza Motorsport games. The game is also open-world and has an online multiplayer feature.
3. The Sims 4 The Sims 4 is a single player simulation video game for windows pcs and macs. Players can create their own characters and control the characters’ actions and personalities.
The Sims 4 has a range of player-created challenges to try if they wish for example the generation challenge where you have to get your sims family through 10 generations with completely different personalities for each generation. The Sims 4 is very player driven and you can do what you want with it. You can create your sim however you want, you can build houses, there’s a gallery where you can upload your creations for other players to see and use if you wish.
4. Goodgame Empire Goodgame Empire is a free-to-play medieval strategy game with PvP elements. Where players can build castles and train troops to fight the enemy which can be AI or player controlled characters. The game is available on web browsers and on android and iOS.
5. The Long Dark The long dark is a first-person, open world survival game for Windows, OS X and Xbox One. There are two different modes to the game, Story mode and Sandbox mode. There are also three play styles for the game, ‘’Pilgrim’’ which is more for players who want to explore the world, ‘’Voyageur’’ which is for exploration and survival and ‘’Stalker’’ which is for a hardcore survival experience. The objective of the game is to survive for as long as possible by finding resources. You are only able to save when you enter a building or go to sleep in the game. If you die your save file is deleted and you have to start again.
6. Assassinâ€™s Creed Assassinâ€™s creed is a fiction, action-adventure, open-world, stealth video game. The primary goal of the game is to assassinate a series of different targets by finding out about each target. You would do this by eavesdropping, interrogating etc and completing tasks for fellow assassins. There are also a number of side objectives to complete.
7. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex is a platform game for the Playstation 2 and original Xbox. The aim of the game is to collect all 25 crystals found at the end of each level and then defeat the main enemies of the game.
8. Tetris Tetris is a puzzle videogame which involves having to slot different shaped tiles together by moving them sideways or rotating them in order to make lines or rows and the score is based on the amount of lines you make. Tetris can be played single-player or multiplayer.
9. Half-Life Half-Life is a science fiction, first-person shooter game. Your role is to engage in combat tasks and solve puzzles in order to continue through the game. Half-Life uses scripted sequences to tell you the plot points which means the game has no cut-scenes.
10. Dead Rising Dead Rising is an open world, survival, horror and beat â€˜em up game. The main goal is to investigate the Willamette Parkview Mall, which has been quarantined by the military, and complete the case files.