This article tells why it is advantageous to book a service apartment instead of a hotel while away from home. The advantages of staying in an apartment instead of a hotel for a holiday are that you: 1. Get more space In a hotel you get just one room. In an apartment you get a bedroom or two and a sitting / living room plus balconies. There will be a cupboard or a loft where you can keep your baggage so the place doesn't look messy.
2. Get your own kitchen By cooking meals yourself, you save a lot of money. Hotels charge a ridiculously high amount for food. If you stay in a service apartment, you won't have to go though the embarrassment of going to a restaurant, staring at the expensive menu and coming out because you can't afford it, as the Property Manager will tell you about the affordable food joints nearby beforehand.
3. Get privacy There is no one to disturb you. During check in, the Property Manager will tell you when the housekeeping person will come for cleaning so you won't hear a knock when you are about to go to the bathroom or get disturbed when you are in the middle of watching a nice movie on cable TV. If you are on your honeymoon, unlike in a hotel, there won't be any staff standing just outside your apartment, looking at themselves as you step out with your spouse to go for sightseeing giving you a, "I think they did it" kind of stupid look.
4. Get your laundry done at an affordable price Hotels charge an exorbitant amount of money for laundry and charge for every piece of clothing. In a service apartment, the housekeeping lady (in a place like Goa, India) will be happy to wash your clothes for you by the bucket. The cost will be much less (Rs.75-Rs.100).
5. Get a homely ambiance In a service apartment you'll feel as if you are at home with all the necessary household items and furniture.
6. Get to stay together with your friends and family Up to 8 of you can stay in a service apartment which brings the cost down by a lot. You can sit in the sitting room bonding together by watching a movie, having beer or cold drinks or simply chatting.
7. Get to carry your pet Most hotels won't allow you to carry your pet and act like pets are a nuisance. In a service apartment you can keep your pets in specially prepared cozy kennels and take your kitty inside the apartment. Service apartment owners understand that pets need to enjoy a vacation too.
8. Don't get charged for every service delivered In a hotel, you have to pay for every service delivered. For example, the room service boy will come with bottled water and won't leave till you tip him for running up a staircase for you.
Or if you order a car for sightseeing from the reception, the price will include their commission (without you knowing), taking the cost up as if the profits they make from the room you pay for are not enough. In a service apartment, a car will be arranged for you without any middleman eating your money as you'll be paying the owner of the car directly.
9. Don't have to worry about tipping Since the housekeeping person is paid well, you don't have to be embarrassed about not giving a tip. You'll also get tips about local places of interest by the Property Manager without expecting a monetary benefit in return. Get more information on travelguru website, travel guru india, travelguru discount coupon 2012 and travelguru discount coupon code.
Published on Sep 7, 2012