5E LTD IssueNEWSLETTER 4
5E LIFE & TIMES 5E LTD NEWSLETTER
Raj Doshi, Director, 5E Ltd
had an excellent year in 2009 even with the economic slowdown affecting most businesses and making jobs difficult to come by. But our team of highly efficient advisors and trainers are yet successfully managing to find new job avenues and openings for our clients. A majority of our clients have left 5E either with a qualification or a job or both. This year we hope to add many more projects and new successes to our portfolio and I would like to thank all my staff for their incredible support and wish them very best in all their endeavours in 2010. Iâ€™m sure, this year too will be an exciting and successful year for 5E.
The great dividing line between success and failure can be expressed in five words:
"I did not have time." TOP T E N T I P S F O R J O B S E A RC H 1.
Looking, speaking and acting professional helps to make a terrific first impression.
2. Follow-Up Don't be afraid to follow-up. I hired a Customer Manager over a year after he first sent me his resume. I didn't even need to advertise when the position became available. In addition to sending me his resume, John had called me every month or so to touch base, and even stopped in my office (through the back door not through the receptionist!) just to say hello. Needless to say I remembered him when a position opened up. And he was extremely qualified for the position, which is why I remembered him.
3. Interviewing Be on time for the interview. On time means five to ten minutes early. If need be, take some time to drive to the office ahead of time
ESF visits 5E: Pg 2 INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
so you know exactly where you are going and how long it will take to get there.
4. Job Fairs Periodically attend these events even when you are not necessarily looking for a job to see what opportunities are out there, and to gain a perspective on where you fit in the job marketplace.
5. Keep Track I have found that one of the most useful things I started doing was to keep track of everything I am doing. I use a simple spreadsheet, like Excel. And I do mean everything. I have one file where I enter all the information from any job sites that I join. Information such as the username and password, what type of job site it is, etc.
6. Meaningful Work Explore your passion, identify a new direction, and take action to create a career that leaves you energized and excited.
Talent show at Merit House: Pg 3
Fun Zone: Pg 4
7. Say Thank You Try to send your thank-you note within 24-48 hours of your interview or meeting. The note may be handwritten on a small, professional, thank-you note card (if you have extremely neat handwriting), word-processed, or emailed.
8. Stay On Top of the News Be aware of the latest business news in your community or the city where you want to work. Read local business journals to find out who's on top in your industry. Review the Business section of your local newspaper, as well. These resources will give you a sense of which employers are "hot" as well as often contact information to send your CV.
9. Your CV Write it until it's right. Think, write, think some more, rewrite, proofread, get feedback and rewrite.
10. Don't Give Up Last, but not least, don't give up. Job searching is never easy and it's even harder when the job market is difficult. Find a way in even if it means taking a low paid job in order to get the job you desire.
ESF VISITS 5E
5E LIFE & TIMES
Ken Lambert, Head of England and Gibraltar, European Social Fund (ESF) Managing Authority (second from left) & George Kintzele, Head of the European Commission unit (right) and their ESF team in the UK get a guided tour of 5E facilities from Sailesh Solanki (left), Training Manager , 5E Ltd and Salim Ahmed (third from left), Operations Manager, 5E Ltd.
‘I was fortunate to have been referred to 5E’ “Your unmatched dedication, hard driven perseverance, immense kindness, selfless attitude and unabated encouragement have been without the shadow of a doubt, instrumental in helping me secure paid employment.” - Malawatee Pyndiah (Customer Service Assistant, Primark)
I am right now- ALL SMILES! - Lou Thomas Being
unemployed and in a very difficult situation in the past few months, I never thought I would be able to get through it all. But the staff at 5E Ltd were always there with a supportive word, a smile, knowing I could do it and offering encouragement. I am here right now all smiles!
I would like to seize
this opportunity to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind help and support offered to me during the time I spent at 5E Watkins House. Y o u r unmatched dedication, hard driven perseverance, immense kindness, selfless attitude and unabated encouragement have been without the shadow of a doubt, instrumental in helping me
secure paid ment.
employ- ing hopes, I was fortunate to have been reAs a job ferred to 5E. The sesseeker, the path I had sions I attended proto tread along my job vided me with the apsearching journey has propriate support and all too often been assistance, which over a scattered with obsta- couple of months steadrestored my cles that seemed ily dwindling motivation many times insurand confidence. It has mountable. The sense of desolation, bleak- been a unique experiness and loneliness ence along my job that sets in and hunting journey. I always gradually starts to w o u l d weigh on one’s shoul- treasure. ders is so unbearable I would forever that it is indescrib- be grateful to you for able. having given me that H o w e v e r , helping hand when I so after a period of dash- needed it.
I have worked very hard all my life and without a single break in employment for over twenty years up (until JuneDec 2009). Having lived abroad for a few years and having decided I could no longer work in management. I found re-orientation very difficult. 5E taught me I shouldn’t stand still, I should strive to improve and it taught me to follow my heart. At the end of the day, your working life is a long one and you may as well enjoy it. I now view a break in employment as a positive thing that enables you to reassess and learn new skills. 5E helped me identify some key problems with my CV, provided me with much needed confidence by allowing me to help tutor one of their programs through work placement and by allowing me to observe various lessons to aid in my quest to become a Tutor. I thoroughly enjoyed helping others through teaching/guiding. I have today completed my CELTA teacher training and I can look forward to a new career in teaching in Central London. At 5E, I’ve met some fantastic individuals who I can call on for assistance in the future. The programme allows for help after employment is achieved and this is a great comfort moving forward.
5E LIFE & TIMES
GIVING MY PERSONAL BEST ! To felicitate the involvement & achievement of learners & tutors in the Personal Best Program (PBP) an informal event was organised in Colindale on 17th of December to culminate the celebration of graduation, end of New Year and Christmas. PBP is funded by ESF/LDA. All graduated students were invited to receive the certificate from the JCP Advisors and our Management staff. The event started by introductory music by Piotr followed by a carol signing by Joe, tutors and learners. After the introductory speech learners exhibited their talents in music, signing and dancing. Angela Morton rendered her poem dedicated to 5E and its staff. - Krishna Shetty, Manager, Merit House, Colindale Felicitation ceremony for clients at 5E, Merit House, Colindale in December
Mirror! Mirror! - Angela Morton Personal Best Client Merit House, 5E Ltd
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. Is that really my tired face staring back at me? Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. My advisor at the Job Centre has sent me to 5E. Mirror, mirror on the wall show me what others see. I’m accepted here, without a qualm, to be the best that I can be. 5E tutor Ila giving the introductory speech and singing Hey Ram and Piotr Piskorz, a Personal Best Client, playing the keyboard
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. I’m learning new things all the time and find it quite easy. Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. They’re saying I have aptitude, surely they don’t mean me. Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. Are they discussing some one else? No they are discussing me. Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. I’m helping now to teach a class, doing it confidently. Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. I love it here at Merit House and can see what others see. Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see. Is that really my bright face, staring back at me? Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me what others see.
Darren Paul, a Personal Best Client, enthrals the audience with his R&B love songs
This is the last time I will ask, as I’m now, a brand new me. Mirror, mirror on the wall, to see what others see As a new chapter of my life begins thanks to members of 5E.
5E LIFE & TIMES
ACROSS: 1. What do you wear around your neck? 4. What do you wear on your head? 6. What hangs from your roof? 9. Where do icicles hang? 10. What do you eat in winter? 11. What do you wear on your hands?
In Pictures: 5E College of LONDON spot admission tour in India
DOWN: 1. What do you do in winter? 2. What do you drink in winter? Hot ____. 3. What animal sleeps through winter? 5. I like _____ drink hot chocolate? 7. It snows _____ winter? 8.I ______ skate. 10. How’s the weather in winter? 11. _____ to bed!
CRACK A RIDDLE
Answer: A Sponge
5E LIFE & TIMES
“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” - Jim Rohn
WE ARE ON THE WEB!
WWW.FIVEE.CO.UK 5 E LTD CENTRES SELBY CENTRE
LONDON N17 8JL PEGAMOID ROAD TEL: 020 8885 3456 LONDON N18 2NG FAX: 020 8808 9977 TEL: 020 8345 5458 FAX: 020 8345 6799 MERIT HOUSE
CYPRESS HOUSE UNIT A 2ND FLOOR 2 COBURG ROAD WOODGREEN N22 6UJ TEL: 020 8889 3399 FAX: 020 8808 9977
16-20 CLEMENTS RD BARNET 1ST FLOOR ILFORD IG1 1BA 508 EDGWARE ROAD TEL: 020 8911 8004 LONDON NW9 5AF FAX: 020 8478 5353 TEL: 020 8205 6868 Creating a brighter future through training & learning
Editor: Ruhi Khan Publisher: Raj Doshi, Director, 5E Ltd, UK. For Feedback & Contributions: Email email@example.com
EDMONTON GREEN CENTRE 2ND FLOOR, NORTH PART ST. GEORGE’S CHAMBER EDMONTON GREEN LONDON N9 0TT TEL: 020 8887 0765 FAX: 020 8887 0765