between 96 and 98 a.d. , period of duration of his principality. The name of the Cologne graccana, recalled by sources, is incised on some integrated fragments of a registration from the excavations of the theater in which the titling of colony Minerva Scolacium is rebuilt. The building used for performances has returned in fact numerous inscriptions relating to the restructuring of the monument, useful for the definition of the phases of construction, such as the fragments that mention Q. Pat(ulcio?) generous local character,financier of renovation work of the theater scene, or the inscription found on the so-called ara mazza that recalls the construction of two wedges in the cavea. Of particular importance is the latter for the definition of the city institutions present at Scolacium, since the college of Seviri Augustales is mentioned as the subject actuator, financier of the probable restoration of the wedges, then actively present in the town. From the theatre originates in addition an inscription from the I century B.C. , reused as building material in a subsequent step to its implementation, which recalls a certain Gavius Lucius, grateful for its exploits to Fors Fortuna. We wanted to recognize in the name of the character known as a negotiator cited by other inscriptions as well as Cicero (Sest. 72). Rare inclusion with letters of bronze, still encased in the slabs of the decumanus maximus, with the memory of L. Decimio Secundio that realized at its expense the work of renovation and raising of the road, datable to the late republican age. There were also found two funerary inscriptions from the excavation of the cavea of the theater, a third is engraved, such as that of the aqueduct, in the Town Hall of Squillace, and a fourth is located in the collections of the Archaeological Museum of Crotone.
Archaeological remains The area of the archaeological park of Scolacium, currently expropriated, was part of the possessions of the families of the barons Mazza, and even before, of the family Massara Borgia, who owned here a company for the production of oil. In this place, since 1800, there emerged many ancient remains preserved by the families owning the fund. Well-known is the story of a sale, initiated in 1910 between Paolo Orsi and the owners of the period, for the purchase of a monumental arm of bronze, which ended positively, with the acquisition of the good by the public property The archaeological interest toward this area ,led from the first systematic survey in the mid sixties, conducted by Ermanno Arslan,to the state expropriation of 1982 that transformed the entire area in