19. Place the impeller into position and secure with a cap screw and washer. Be sure the rubber side of the washer is directed toward the impeller. Apply blue Loctite #242 to the threads of the cap screw and tighten to 0.8-1.2 kg-m (6-9 ft-lb).
! CAUTION 7KH UXEEHU VLGH RI WKH ZDVKHU ZKLFK VHFXUHV WKH LPSHOOHU PXVW EH SRVLWLRQHG WRZDUG WKH LPSHOOHU ,ILQVWDOOHG LQFRUUHFWO\ DFRRODQWOHDNZLOO UHVXOW )LJ $
! CAUTION ,QFRUUHFW LQVWDOODWLRQ RI WKH SLVWRQ ULQJV ZLOO UHVXOW LQ HQJLQHGDPDJH
24. Apply oil to the connecting-rod small end bearings; then install the small-end bearings. Install a washer on each side of the connecting rod. $1
20. Apply sealant to the crankcase seam; then install the alignment pins into the crankcase. )LJ
25. Place each piston over the connecting rod so the arrow on each piston will point toward the exhaust port; then secure with an oiled piston pin. 127( 7KH DUURZ LV IRXQG HLWKHU XS LQVLGH WKH SLVWRQRURQ WKHGRPHWRS )LJ
127( 6HDODQW LV RQO\ UHTXLUHG RQ WKH FUDQNFDVH VHDP
21. Position the O-ring into the water pump cover; then install the cover. Secure with five screws. Tighten securely. 22. Place the cylinder base gaskets into position on the crankcase. 127( %H VXUH WR VSUD\ D WKLQ FRDW RI &RSSHU &RDW *DVNHW 6HDODQW SQ RQWR WKH JDVNHW LI LW LV EHLQJ UHXVHG
23. Install the piston rings on each piston so the letter on the top (inclined surface) of each ring faces the dome of the piston.
26. Install the circlips so the open end is directed either up or down.