Disassembling Engine (440 LC/550 cc Models)
1. Using the spanner wrench to secure the flywheel, remove the flywheel nut, lock washer, and flat washer; then remove the three starter pulley cap screws and remove the pulley. )LJ %
23. Remove the cap screws securing the crankcase halves. Note the position of the different-sized cap screws.
2. Install the Crankshaft Protector Cap (p/n 0644-234) onto the end of the crankshaft. 127( $ VXLWDEOH VXEVWLWXWH SURWHFWLYH FDS FDQ EH PDGH E\ ZHOGLQJ D PP LQ SODWH RQ RQH VLGH RI DVSDUH IO\ZKHHO QXW
24. Separate the crankcase halves by installing two crankcase cap screws in diagonal corners leaving the heads approximately 6 mm (1/4 in.) out. Using a plastic hammer, tap on each cap screw head until the halves separate. Remove the cap screws.
3. Using the Flywheel Puller/Spanner Wrench (p/n 0144-310) or suitable substitute, remove the flywheel from the crankshaft by tightening the puller bolt, striking the head of the puller bolt with a hammer, and tightening again. Repeat this procedure until the flywheel is free. Account for the key.
'2 127 GULYH DQ\ WRRO EHWZHHQ WKH FUDQNFDVH KDOYHV WR VHSDUDWH WKH FUDQNFDVH 'DPDJH WR WKH VHDOLQJVXUIDFHVZLOO UHVXOW
7R SUHYHQW GDPDJH WR WKH FUDQNVKDIW WKH SXOOHU PXVW ERWWRP RQ WKH FDS DQG QRW RQ WKH FUDQNVKDIW $OVR GR QRW WKUHDG SXOOHU EROWV PRUH WKDQ PP LQ LQWR WKHIO\ZKHHO 'DPDJH WRWKHFRLOVPD\UHVXOW
25. Remove the rubber bands holding the connecting rods; then separate the crankcase halves. Account for the two dowel pins. Lift the crankshaft free from the crankcase half and slide the two crankshaft seals off the crankshaft. Account for the C-ring and five bearing dowel pins.