0100 YRM 1735
The engine is heavy. Make sure that any lifting device has enough capacity to lift the engine. The engine can weigh approximately198 kg (437 lb).
Keep the engine level when the engine is separated from the transmission so the drive plate is not damaged.
20. Remove flange nuts, washers, capscrews, and isolators from engine mounts. See Figure 29 and Figure 30. Remove engine adapter to transmission bolts.
21. Use the lifting device to carefully move the engine away from the torque converter. Make sure all hoses, wires, and cables are disconnected from the engine, then lift the engine from the frame and place engine on blocks.
CAUTION When separating the engine away from the transmission, place a piece of plywood in front of radiator. This will keep the engine from damaging the radiator.
22. Remove torque converter from torque converter housing. See Figure 28.
NOTE: LEFT SIDE SHOWN. RIGHT SIDE IS SIMILAR. A. LPG ENGINE
B. DIESEL ENGINE
1. FRAME MOUNT 2. LEFT ENGINE MOUNT
3. FLANGE NUT 4. ISOLATOR Figure 29. Engine Mounting Arrangement