Exhaust System Repair
Inspect Inspect following items in exhaust system:
0100 YRM 1243 13. Install clamp attaching overhead guard exhaust pipe to lower overhead guard exhaust pipe. See Figure 54.
Exhaust pipes for damage, corrosion, and rust. Replace as needed.
If equipped, exhaust wraps for wear, proper fit, contamination with oil or antifreeze, gaps in coverage, failed fasteners and replace as needed. If replacing an exhaust pipe section that has a wrap, also replace wrap. DO NOT reuse wraps if they have been removed for a service operation.
KUBOTA DIESEL ENGINE FOR LIFT TRUCK MODELS GLP/GDP40VX5/VX6; GLP/GDP45SVX5, GLP/GDP45VX6; GLP/ GDP50-55VX (GP/GLP/GDP080, 090, 100, 110, 120VX) (H813) AND GLP/GDP40VX5/ VX6; GLP/GDP45SVX5, GLP/GDP45VX6; GLP/GDP50-55VX (GP/GLP/GDP080, 090, 100, 110, 120VX) (J813) EQUIPPED WITH KUBOTA 3.6L DIESEL ENGINE
Muffler for damage, corrosion, and rust. Replace as needed.
Install NOTE: When installing clamps, make sure pipe ends are not deformed. 1. Connect upper header exhaust pipe to turbo manifold exhaust. 2. Connect bellow pipe to upper header exhaust pipe. 3. Connect lower exhaust pipe to bellow pipe. 4. Install clamp to lower header exhaust pipe and exhaust mounting brackets.
WARNING Exhaust system components are hot to touch. Be sure exhaust system components are cool before starting disassembly, or personal injury may occur. NOTE: If lift truck is equipped with standard exhaust system, go to Step 6. 1. Remove clamp attaching overhead guard exhaust pipe to lower overhead guard exhaust pipe. See Figure 55. 2. Remove capscrews from flange cover. See Figure 55.
5. Install clamp to upper tail pipe and lower header exhaust pipe, and install upper tail pipe to lower header exhaust pipe.
3. Remove overhead exhaust pipe and flange cover from counter weight. See Figure 55.
6. Install clamp to muffler and upper tail pipe, and install muffler to frame of lift truck.
4. Remove counterweight from lift truck. See Counterweight Replacement.
7. Install turbo exhaust clamps.
5. Remove clamp and exhaust pipe from muffler. See Figure 55.
8. Install upper tail pipe-exhaust wrap, lower headerexhaust wrap, bellow pipe-exhaust wrap, upper header-exhaust wrap, and turbo manifold-exhaust wrap. 9. Install clamp and lower overhead guard exhaust pipe to muffler. 10. Install counterweight to lift truck. See Counterweight Replacement. 11. Install over head exhaust pipe and flange cover to counterweight. 12. Install capscrews to flange cover.
6. Remove turbo manifold–exhaust wrap, header– exhaust wrap, bellow pipe–exhaust wrap, and exhaust pipe wrap from exhaust system. See Figure 55. 7. Remove clamp from muffler and tail pipe. Remove muffler from lift truck. See Figure 55. 8. Remove two clamps from exhaust pipe and two exhaust mounting brackets. See Figure 55. 9. Remove clamp from bellow pipe and header exhaust pipe. Disconnect tail pipe from bellow pipe. See Figure 55.