Pacific magazine | Philanthropy Edition, Fall 2013
The magazine of Pacific University
pacificu.edu/magazine 29 1918 “The Gamma Sigma Society has worked under a handicap this year on account of fifteen of its members having joined the colors. The society is proud of these men and has striven loyally to uphold the standard of the society as they would have done.” — Pacific Index 1949 Arnold Taylor and other members suggest Gamma Sigma rent the old Forest Grove Hospital as a fraternity house. — Gamma Sigma history 1963 The Gammas celebrate their centennial with many festivities, including a walk of “One Hundred Miles for One Hundred Years” of brotherhood, which started in Corvallis. Four members completed he walk back to Forest Grove. — Gamma Sigma history Gamma Sigma Fraternity 1924 The Gamma Sigma Literary Society changes its name on Jan. 18, 1924. The Society is reincorporated as Gamma Sigma Fraternity by the state of Oregon. — Gamma Sigma history 1967-68 Gamma Sigma captures the prized Boxer statue during the height of the modern Boxer toss era and take the mascot throughout the West. 2013 Gamma Sigma Fraternity alumni celebrate their 150th anniversary with a reunion dinner and golf scramble during Homecoming, Oct. 10-13.